Do you regret a trade or sale you made?

Thread: Do you regret a trade or sale you made?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you regret a trade or sale you made?

Have you guys ever traded or sold a watch and then regretted the decision? I traded away an Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono and I sometimes miss it, so I was just wondering if this is normal!

Re: Do you regret a trade or sale you made?

Not yet, but I regret a couple of purchases. Not big $, just watches I won't wear, and it is barely worth the time and effort to ebay them. Not that they are not nice, just didn't click with me. Also, my old "quartz" collection, from before my WIS days, are just sitting around.

So my problem is the opposite of yours!
    Regards.

Current Rotation: breitling cockpit -oris TT1 date black -seiko skx781 "orange monster" -seiko snm035 "landmonster" -citizen Promaster Titanium Eco-Drive 300m BJ8041-09E "ecozilla" -citizen ecodrive professional titanium BN0016-55L, blue dial "orca" -getat 44mm sterile rose gold luminor-style manual wind -getat 44mm sterile PVD orange "numbrels" manual wind --invictas: 8926c,8928ob,3712, 6410, 6024, 6924, 6926, 6927

i traded an omega quartz that i just bought new from an AD a month ago to a guy, learned through someone else he was interesting in selling it to raise funds, so i worked a deal last night to buy it back; he is shiippiing today, and I am sending him two checks today as owell, with him depositing one now and the another in 30 days to let me buy it back. Glad to get it back as it is t new blue one I so i can alternate with my 2254.50. he had not even posted it for sale when i bought it back; sounds like kids trading toys!

robert

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My Pano Luminor. I bought it in Italy in 2002 (great deal). When I brought it to the states no one knew what it was! Until a few years later when it started catching a buzz, I sold it and bought a breitling. All though Breitling is one of my fav brands, wish I could of kept both! Now Panerai's are just two expensive!

Of all the watches I sold (I am not a dealer at all, but had to sell off watches twice during the past twenty years for financial reasons), the only one regret to have sold is the IWC Mark XII ... what with the dial design, and the original size, it is as close as IWC ever came to "replicate" the Mark 11.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Yep, always regretted selling my Kobold Seal, even though it led to my acquiring the Rolex SD on my wrist (which I'll never get rid of).

And my first Omega SMP Chrono Diver (which I replaced with the exact same model slightly over a year later).

I've learned to trust my gut-feel on selling watches or not - now, if I am contemplating doing so, I think about it overnight, letting my sub-conscious chew on it, before making the final call the next morning.

James
    Last edited by JAD3703; April 29th, 2008 at 01:44.
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

some, yes. I have repurchased them.

yeah 1 of my speedys (1st man on the moon),but the replacement (Ball Mad Cow) is a more usable watch for me. I will get another omega but prolly a Seamaster
    Take Care,
    Rich
    Breitlings-Colt II Black,Emergency Yellow,Super Avenger Blue,SuperOcean Steelfish Black
    Balls-Engineer Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow" White,Engineer Master II Diver Orange,Fireman 43mm White
    Tag Heuer's-4000 Grey, Formula1 Black
    Hamilton-Khaki Action Cronograph
    Citizen-Aqualand Duplex Black
    Seiko-Sports100 chronograph moonphase
    Bulova-WW II "hack" replica
    Fortis-Flieger Black

Yes. I really regret selling my Glycine Airman Vintage V in a fit of madness...

wemedge
    It's 1700hrs somewhere...

Banned

I NEVER sell any of my watches. I just retire them to a box, nicely wrapped up in soft cloth. Why sell?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information