Do you wish you could buy watches without a bracelet / strap / band?

Poll: Do you wish you could buy watches without a bracelet / strap / band?

Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Do you wish you could buy watches without a bracelet / strap / band?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Do you wish you could buy watches without a bracelet / strap / band?

You think you've found the perfect watch based on what you're looking for, but the sticking point is the bracelet / strap / band that accompanies it. The issue could be the perceived quality, the styling, that it's X instead of Y, or any number of other reasons.

It happens to me regularly, and I'm sure that many of you have also been in the same situation before.Are you like me and wish you had the option to buy watches without a bracelet / strap / band, lower the purchase price, and use something else?

Re: Do you wish you could buy watches without a bracelet / strap / band?

I prefer bracelets to straps, so when considering any watch, I have to like the bracelet. If I don't, I won't buy it as it is hard, if not impossible to get the proper fitment with an aftermarket option.
    DocHollidayDDS and gav1230 like this.

My wish is that every watch came with a bracelet option by the manufacture.
    I prefer the skins to remain on the animal and I have allergies to glues and rubbers.
    briang583 likes this.
    Alpina, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In answer to your question--no, of course not. Bracelets or straps could never be a "sticking" point as I buy watches for the watches, and if the OEM bracelets or straps are nice, then I will wear them as is for awhile, but would prefer getting something custom if I were to continue wearing it on a strap, and really haven't found a bracelet yet that I didn't like on any of the rather large number of watches that I have owned over the years--some bracelets I liked more than others, but none so bad that I wouldn't buy the watch because of it

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalQuartz View Post
    You think you've found the perfect watch based on what you're looking for, but the sticking point is the bracelet / strap / band that accompanies it. The issue could be the perceived quality, the styling, that it's X instead of Y, or any number of other reasons.

It happens to me regularly, and I'm sure that many of you have also been in the same situation before.Are you like me and wish you had the option to buy watches without a bracelet / strap / band, lower the purchase price, and use something else?
    Watchgecko.com used to sell many of their watches as watch heads only, without strap or needless big fancy box. I really liked that, but it wasn't very popular on the market in general, it seems. Now all their watches come with a strap or bracelet.

No. I never let the strap dictate a purchase due to them being easily replaced with something I like
    Nokie likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I prefer bracelets to straps, so when considering any watch, I have to like the bracelet. If I don't, I won't buy it as it is hard, if not impossible to get the proper fitment with an aftermarket option.
    Ditto.

I can pretty much find an aftermarket strap to suit any watch I like, but one can't really say the same about a non-OEM bracelet.
    wschofield3 likes this.

If you sell and trade your watches, an OEM strap greatly increases its value. More so than what you would save from a discount of not having one.

This is also why people part out bracelets and straps for a lot of money.
    Core Collection:
    H. Moser & Cie Venture Small Seconds 2327-0402, Omega Aqua Terra 231.53.39.21.06.002, JLC Reverso Flyback Chrono 255.182, JLC Reverso Grande Taille 270.3.62, Rolex OP 1966 1002, Ulysee Nardin Perpetual GMT 321-22, Longines Conquest 1959, Hamilton Electric Spectra 1957, Citizen AQ 4020–54Y, Bulova Accutron Astronaut

Depends on the watch. I like to get them with their intended bracelet even if it's one I don't care for. To buy the bracelet later can be rediculously expensive. I may remove it immediately and put it away. If I sell the watch the new owner will get a pristine bracelet. Sometimes I'll buy a bracelet beforehand to swap out as soon as the new watch arrives. Lately I've been on a jubilee and shark mesh kick. Oysters bore me, but other buyers expect them with divers.
    The great Confucius said that he would rather be a profound political economist than chief of police.

One of the dealers I bought a Breitling from used to price the watch head and bracelet/strap seperate. They did it so you can see the price difference between the bracelet and strap options when deciding. But they also allowed you to just purchase the watch head if that's all you wanted so there are dealers that do this.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Synequano likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information