Does anybody feel wearing a watch with a battery is unnatural? - Page 4
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Does anybody feel wearing a watch with a battery is unnatural?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Does anybody feel wearing a watch with a battery is unnatural?

I guess even a troll thread can be fun once in a while...
    zippofan likes this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Unnatural? Human beings are a part of the natural fabric on this planet. When ants build massive ant hill "cities" is that behavior unnatural? Nope. It can be reasonably argued that no human behavior is unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Why owning/wearing G-Shocks then ?
    Oh, I still like wearing my Casio G-Shock Riseman, but it got me wondering about how you have all those chemicals on you in a watch.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Trust me everybody. I still like accuracy in my watches, and having a quartz with a battery is still the only way.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Have to agree with the silly question in this thread garnering some pretty silly and entertaining responses. Personally I'd go for both the tin foil hat and lead lining in my shorts.

As for accuracy of quartz/mechanical, there is always springdrive which is sort of like the incestuous offspring of both, with mechanical smooth sweep and quartz accuracy.
    Lots of dive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Steve View Post
    I feel the opposite. To me it feels wierd to have a mechanical watch on, wondering whether the spring's fully wound or what accuracy it "feels like" giving me today, knowing that about 2 days after I take it off it'll be dead and if i want to wear it I ahve to start all over again. Knowing that every time I buy a new one I'll spend a month or so checking it's accuracy, even if it's got the same movement in it as the lst one I bought! Solar I can handle, especially in the Summer. Batteries feel more natural to me. You put one in and your watch works. Done.
    Could you imagine going through the same hassle every time you bought a new microwave? Scalding coffee or cold soup because you forgot to allow for your new movement?

Er, GSaC? At least 4 of your daily watches have batteries in them. What gives man?
    Word.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    Trust me everybody. I still like accuracy in my watches, and having a quartz with a battery is still the only way.

Are you having a laugh at our expense? What are you doing posting this thread?

guys, sometimes the laugh is on us. we reply to a poorly veiled thread about mech mvnt superiority initiated by a member advertising a g-shock riseman in his avatar???? only on a horology forum!!!
    zippofan likes this.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBaconGod View Post
    The only natural way of telling time is sun dial.

/thread
    lol

Hmmm, and here I thought that the natural way was to look up to the sky, and see where the sun is relative to a reference point (such as a tree or, better yet, a really big rock or stone pile, such as stonehenge). Charting the day of the week or the month or the year is much, much more difficult. Some chart the stars, but easier I think to carve it off with markings on a stick or, better yet, mark it with chalk on a board...but wait, if we have chalk and black boards, then we're beyond stonehenge, in which case simply go out into the town square and read the big clock, such as Big Ben ... ;)

Nah, much more convenient I think to check your watch.

Nothing unnatural about quartz; quartz like clocks and mechanicals was developed by humans and humans are natural.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Sea-Wolf; December 16th, 2011 at 03:05.
    Breguet Rolex Tudor Breitling Longines IWC Mühle-Glashütte Tutima Hamilton TAG Heuer Cartier

OTHER: Vintage (Manual and Automatic), Modern (Automatic and Quartz).

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Does anybody feel wearing a watch with a battery is unnatural?
    Only when handling ordnance.....
    familiaritas parit contemptum; raritate admiratione wins.- Lucius Apuleius
    est necessry, accurate ad secundo? - Lysander magna
    iustum est horologium - Obscurus Genius

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information