Does anyone else ever feel out of place never having anything "incoming", buying or selling?
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Does anyone else ever feel out of place never having anything "incoming", buying or selling?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Does anyone else ever feel out of place never having anything "incoming", buying or selling?

I love horology and spend a fair bit of time browsing the fora. I don't contribute nearly as often as many here, but when I have something I think is worth saying, I say it. I subscribe to two different watch magazines and some daily e-mail newsletters. But, I don't regularly buy watches. I'd like to, but I don't. My wife and I really don't spend much money on ourselves just for fun. So while I have a couple of nice watches and enjoy thinking about what's "on the list" for a next purchase someday, I'm never actively buying or selling anything.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with no idea when I'll have another "incoming" thread. I've never even really been on the Sales Corner (I know, the horror). I don't covet anyone else's experiences and I wouldn't change a thing, but sometimes I feel like it's hard to relate to others who are always on the prowl, flipping watches and so on. Is anybody else out there like me, living vicariously through others?
    Cobia likes this.

Tissot PRS516 | Wempe Zeitmeister Chronograph

Re: Does anyone else ever feel out of place never having anything "incoming", buying or selling?

Want to buy a watch?
    Want to feel that rush?
    I got two for sale....
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Re: Does anyone else ever feel out of place never having anything "incoming", buying or selling?

I think most of the people are same way: living on the budget and all. Hence, you don't see these folks bragging much about flipping or constantly buying.
    E.g. I have a small collection that I carefully picked over time and I'm not selling any of them pieces (I might to sell one, that I don't really wear).
    I also have a list of 2 or 3 watches that I really want to have someday.

But I spend some time daily on this forum, reading about interesting development in watch-industry and learning new things (not every day, evidently). And I never had an "incoming thread" ;)
    rbuck82 and Timemiser like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm dsabinojr and my last purchase was 7 months ago...

I think there are many WUS members who are here a lot and who don't buy or sell watches often. So I doubt that you (can I say we?) are in the minority.

Some of us can't even buy decent watches if we wanted to as there are no AD's in our locality and we have to travel abroad even to purchase "mall" watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    c0sin and rbuck82 like this.
    IG: mrwatchusername

Main Stable: -

Breguet Type XX Transatlantique
    Rolex Datejust
    Rolex Milgauss
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Seamaster Professional
    Omega Constellation Quartz
    Jeanrichard Aquascope Hokusai
    Seiko Diver's Automatic

Yup, I'm a maybe one or two a year guy. I just enjoy the show and try to add a little humor now and then. Like others have said, I think its pretty common. THe flippers are rare, but they are vocal :)
    rbuck82 and dbakiva like this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Maybe it's because the flippers are more vocal that it seems like they're more numerous. I guess it's natural that you create or add to posts when you're excited about an upcoming or recent purchase.
    c0sin likes this.

Tissot PRS516 | Wempe Zeitmeister Chronograph

Yeah, I often feel left out of that stuff.

Not now though, because as it happens I have a new one incoming as of today.
    drickster and rbuck82 like this.
    "Congratulations - you now have a sound watch."

Inactive

I often feel the same - despite having averaged a watch a month since joining. Don't know how that works
    RBrylawski and rbuck82 like this.

While I am on a very limited budget and am in the same boat as you, not sure when a new purchase will happen, I do not feel out of place. I am here to learn as much as possible and enjoy asking questions via nee threads as well as reading as much as I can so I can be as knowledgeable as possible. I have made many friends and I feel like I am part of the community even if I don't have any watches outside of the affordable label.
    rbuck82 likes this.

You are not alone. If I get one watch a year that's pretty significant for me. In all my years of collecting I am not one to jump on a new release or sell what I have. I spent a lot of time carefully picking what I knew would stay in the collection. Although some purchases from my early years do not see any wrist time anymore.

Oh there are plenty I like and would love to own, but not always within what I'm willing to spend or really have the budget for. With that said I am seriously considering reducing my collection by half to purchase one grail. I've only sold 2 to 3 watches I can recall and all were in person and not on the Internet. The same goes for purchases. Most have been bought new. So I guess we'll see how the selling thing goes.
    I enjoy the camaraderie, learning and sharing in the experiences of others which is why I'm mainly on the forums.
    rbuck82 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information