Does anyone have experience with www.swisstimemedia.com?

Thread: Does anyone have experience with www.swisstimemedia.com?

Does anyone have experience with www.swisstimemedia.com?

I'm looking to purchase from the online company Swiss Time Media (website: www.swisstimemedia.com), but am hesitant because of the lack of information about this company on the web, other than their own website.

Some things which stand out to me as fishy are: 1) they don't have a phone number listed anywhere on their website; 2) under their "payment policies", they emphasize paying with bank wire transfer while not once mentioning paying by Paypal (which is the safest method of payment); 3) under their "payment policies", they also state that if the customer wants to pay by credit card, then up to a 5% charge (from the total) may be applied for using this "service"; and 4) all order cancellations and returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee (20% from the order total, I assume).

What do you think? Does this online company seem legit?
    Last edited by Vivian886; December 28th, 2012 at 20:53.

Re: Does anyone have experience with www.swisstimemedia.com?

Never seen or heard of them personally. Looking at the domain it was registered only in 2009 and was registered by proxy so you can't see who actually registered it.

They do list an address on their website and looking on Google Streetview it looks to be a fairly run down part of NY.

Based on their prices and the vast list of brands I reckon that's a case of "if something looks too good to be true it probably is" :)

Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by squelch; December 29th, 2012 at 13:11.
    Nomos Minimatik | IWC Ingenieur | Zenith Elite 670 | Citizen Eco-Drive 8651 | Citizen Eco-Drive E100 Military | Vostok Yuri Gagarin 30th Anniversary | Seiko SARB017 | Seiko LM 5606

Quote Originally Posted by squelch View Post
    Based on their prices and the vast list of brands I reckon that's a case of "if something looks too good to be true it probably is" :)
    I agree.... Having been in the internet business before it is risky especially if they have no listings of who they are, where they are located, or what other forms of payment they provide. To be a reputable business online they would make this easily accessible. Even though they refer to themselves as "Swiss" they may be in China or some other country and selling fake or stolen product. The last thing you want is to drop a few hundred on their site and they either do not send you the product or you get the product only to discover a major issue with the watch later. To be safe I would not buy from them personally.

Just my 0.02

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you very much for the input. I should have known that there are too many alarm bells, from the dearth of third-party testimonials, to their various odd fees and charges. If they really were a reputable online business, they wouldn't be hiding such important information, such as contact information and the identity of the company founder, from the public.

I reckon their strategy is to lure hapless customers into making their payment, then making them wait and wait for their watch while delaying the estimated delivery date each time they are questioned (or even ignoring emails altogether -- which is why the lack of a phone number raised an immediate red flag), until 3 months have passed and the customer still hasn't received what they ordered and has to cancel their order. This scammer company then charges them the 20% "cancellation fee", and this is exactly how they make their money. And this is the reason for such a so-called "cancellation fee" in the first place. (I've heard about many similar online scammer companies using this very strategy.)

Glad I asked this question before I purchased anything from them.
    Last edited by Vivian886; December 29th, 2012 at 23:47.

Thread Information