Does anyone here own a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calender?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elitevideogames

Thread: Does anyone here own a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calender?

Does anyone here own a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calender?

I have decided to buy one after the holiday rush. I already have made my decision to buy so im not looking for alternative recommendations but rather feedback from current owners? were they happy with the watch? pain in the azz to set? reliable?

thanks

tom
    CitizenM likes this.

Re: Does anyone here own a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calender?

Not an owner, but I think you will be very happy with any JLC, especially these high end ones. But yes, it'll probably be a PITA to set. Even quartz perpetual calendars are hard. Maybe your AD can do it for you. Congrats

Banned

I have two JLC's with complications. Yes, they are a pain to set, but it would not matter if you used one as a daily wearer, or never let it stop.
    I rotate my watches frequently, so I do not mind any other adjustment than the 3 hands. Usually I do not bother with the date even....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

v76

I'm thinking of going in for a JLC that's less of a PITA to set, but with a complication that's pretty unique/cool/practical (to me) ... the Memovox. Also, I think the movement would be extra robust* (23 jewels in this case, for the cal. 956) to take the striker/alarm high-freq. vibrations, and a double casing (with sufficient air gap) for a good acoustic "bell-like" chime.

Also, increase in the movement size and thickness to house the alarm striker/striking surface, as also associated "up sizing" of movement plates and other movement components would make it more rugged.

*Edit: I do know it has a larger rotor bearing surface, which makes the movement look visually a little different from other JLCs.

The Master Calendar is visually very appealing, and with the Master Control 1000 hour test assurance, and advances like ceramic ball bearings for the rotor**, free-sprung variable-inertia balance for ease of adjustment, it should be one refined/robust movement and watch (since the movement is the Achilles heel of any mechanical watch)!

**JLC and GP claim that it reduces wear and material erosion from the bearing surface.
    Last edited by v76; December 10th, 2011 at 17:27.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

For me I'd go master geographic. But the memovox is awesome too.

Thank you for all the feedback. I do not own any watch currently that would have all these extra settings to worry about but I think that's also what draws me to one. I will go stainless steel for sure since I am not a very dressy guy and would generally wear the watch with jeans and a nice shirt. If anything I will get it set by the ad and just put it on a winder when rotating the. Collection. Can't wait for January to come.... Haven't told wifey the price of this one but I think I could tell her itit cost a g and she would believe it lol.

did you end up getting this? If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me the price I'd greatly appreciate it as I am looking for one as well. Thank you!

I think you will be very happy with any JLC

Quote Originally Posted by elitevideogames View Post
    but I think I could tell her itit cost a g and she would believe it lol.

ooooh, you ARE evil! :)

Thread Information