Does anyone know of this watch?

Thread: Does anyone know of this watch?

Question Does anyone know of this watch?

Hi all,

Basically, I was reading GQ magazine around 6 months ago when I saw a particular watch I liked the look of. However, I cannot remember the watch brand let alone the model number. It was black, had a leather strap and had names of different cities around the rim. I think if you turned the rim to, say "New York" then it set the time of the watch to the correct GMT timezone.

Does anyone know the watch I mean?

stuffler,mike

Re: Does anyone know of this watch?

VOGARD ?

Produced by Michael Vogt and bezel mechanism invented by master watchmaker Thomas Prescher.

Yes it was the Vogard watch. Thanks to plainljane who private messaged me too!

This was the exact watch I mean (colours and all)

Looks very stylish, I think

Thanks
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 29th, 2006 at 16:54. Reason: Included the image

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

How does it work ?

Explanation taken from www.vogard.com

VOGARD has crafted the first mechanical watch in the world that enables the wearer to easily change timezones by simply rotating the bezel either backwards or forwards. The Timezoner® system automatically coordinates the bezel’s rotation with both the position of the hour hand and that of the AM.-PM. pointer at the center of the dial. Additionally, the VOGARD Timezoner® system is the first to allow clear indication of Daylight Savings Time (summer time) in a given location, also via the turning of the bezel. The result is a timezone watch with a previously unattainable practicality for the wearer.
    There´s a nice animation on their web site: http://www.vogard.com/default.aspx?id=60
    You open the lever and turn the bezel by clicking the arrows in the pic.

Nice animation. I love that watch very much. Pity you can't buy it and choose your 24 favourite timezones. Now that would be awesome!

Thread Information