Does anyone's Eco-Drive significantly charge up OR power down?

Thread: Does anyone's Eco-Drive significantly charge up OR power down?

Does anyone's Eco-Drive significantly charge up OR power down?

Just curious. My 2100 chrono is always either on my wrist or in a watch box. The charge indicator has remained in the same exact spot since I got it. Never less and never more. I've seen some pictures of fully charged Eco-Drives but never uncharged. Anyone else have their power indicator on the same spot or ever fully charged or depleted?

Re: Does anyone's Eco-Drive significantly charge up OR power down?

I suspect the power meter is stepped and the time in the dark your watch experienced is not enough to run the battery below that first step. Also to save energy your watch shuts down certain functions after some period in the dark. Why don't you try experimenting with time in the dark to see how long it takes to register discharge on the meter.

I have a 2100 also that sometimes goes as much as a month in the watch box, and I have noticed the power reserve indicator will go down to about the halfway mark, will go back to full after a little while on the wrist or on the window sill. So, in my experience the power reserve indicator definitely changes states. Wearing it every day will keep it charged to full.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine has stayed in that same spot since purchased

Try putting it in the sun for a couple of hours, that should put the indicator to the full position.

...my JR3000 Skyhawk is like that; has been for the 7 years I've had it. It has a 'bar graph' charge indicator; it is always showing three bars (out of four), and I have never had all four bars on, even after leaving the watch in sunlight for a period of time. As soon as you put it in the dark, it goes into the first of its power save modes: the second hand will stop moving, but the watch will continue to keep time. As soon as you put it back into light, the second hand will rapidly advance to where it needs to be. Once charged, the men's Eco-Drive movements are supposed to be good for four years, and the women's movements for six months, without recharging (so say Citizen)...of course, your mileage may vary...
    '...we've got the 17 Jewels that dictate the rules...'

Quote Originally Posted by ZedU54 View Post
    ...my JR3000 Skyhawk is like that; has been for the 7 years I've had it. It has a 'bar graph' charge indicator; it is always showing three bars (out of four), and I have never had all four bars on, even after leaving the watch in sunlight for a period of time. As soon as you put it in the dark, it goes into the first of its power save modes: the second hand will stop moving, but the watch will continue to keep time. As soon as you put it back into light, the second hand will rapidly advance to where it needs to be. Once charged, the men's Eco-Drive movements are supposed to be good for four years, and the women's movements for six months, without recharging (so say Citizen)...of course, your mileage may vary...
    Great info, ya it seems that my chrono will always stay this way but that's cool with me just wondering if I was the only one :eek:

Thread Information