Does this Daytona fit me?

Thread: Does this Daytona fit me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this Daytona fit me?

You may all know im contemplating on a Navitimer or other 43mm watches. This is the Daytona my dad is willing to pass down to me.
    Please do not mind the massive Bezel Scratches and loss of some black ink on the tachy because the previous owner had to fend off a Mongolian Horde, toss a meteor back into space, and chokehold a giant squid all at the same time.
    (WHICH OUR OFFICIAL ROLEX SERVICE CENTER CLAIMS THEY CANNOT REPRINT). I was just wondering... Does this look big on me? because 43mm is obviously going to be quite a lot bigger. How does she fare? I know it looks a little odd on my young 21 year old self which is why I want an SS model of something else. So how is she?

Last edited by leevanlee; December 16th, 2011 at 19:53.

Re: Does this Daytona fit me?

It looks fine to me.
    However, I think a steel model will be more suiting.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

I'm 22, and in my area young guys can get away with almost anything. I wear an '54 Seamaster most of the time.

Omega, Steinhart, Seiko, Glycine, Tissot, Tag Heuer, Citizen, and a few others...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To me it looks huge and hideous. But, I prefer much more streamlined watches, so my opinion is irrelevant. If you're comfortable with a larger, more blingy look, then it's fine. It's definitely not understated, though, and I personally wouldn't recommend wearing it on formal occasions, despite its pedigree.

I think leather strap might dial back the oomph a bit, but that's never going to be a subtle watch.

It looks too large like a pimp would wear it. Or it makes a nice homage to the Invicta Speedway.

Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    It looks too large like a pimp would wear it. Or it makes a nice homage to the Invicta Speedway.
    Now, now, let's not insult the chap's father's watch. It is pretty pimping though . Yellow gold isn't to everyone's taste - if you think you can pull it off then go for it; it's definitely on the larger side but I don't think it's too big - I wouldn't go any bigger though.

Quote Originally Posted by leevanlee View Post
    ...I know it looks a little odd on my young 21 year old self which is why I want an SS model of something else.
    I don't understand - do you have the option to get a SS model instead? If so then as I say it's a matter of taste but I prefer SS to yellow gold. And you say it looks odd - if you have doubts then don't do it, or would you dad be insulted if you don't accept his watch?!

At a minimum, I think you are maxed out on the size. It's your fathers watch, it has sentimental value-which will increase with the years.
    I wouldn't even consider a 43mm watch, in view of how large this looks.

Quote Originally Posted by huntershooter View Post
    At a minimum, I think you are maxed out on the size. It's your fathers watch, it has sentimental value-which will increase with the years.
    I wouldn't even consider a 43mm watch, in view of how large this looks.
    This. I don't think the OP is asking how the Daytona looks, more like how a 40 mm case looks.

You can pull this off (size-wise) but I would scratch the 43 mm beasts from your list. You have a similar wrist to mine and it's hard to go beyond 40 mm.

lvt

It definitely makes you look richer
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

[QUOTE=geoffbot;4541854]Now, now, let's not insult the chap's father's watch. It is pretty pimping though . Yellow gold isn't to everyone's taste - if you think you can pull it off then go for it; it's definitely on the larger side but I don't think it's too big - I wouldn't go any bigger though.

Oh geez I know Im sorry..Now Santa is going to put coal in my stocking... Again ):

(:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information