Does the Miami Design District have the most luxury watch boutiques in one area in the world?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Does the Miami Design District have the most luxury watch boutiques in one area in the world?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Does the Miami Design District have the most luxury watch boutiques in one area in the world?

So for those of you who don't know, a luxury retail area in Miami referred to as the "Design District" has been putting up a lot of stores and doing a lot of building over the last few years. I don't know the exact date, but some time in the last 3 years or so they built a courtyard with nothing by high end luxury watch boutiques. I am just wondering out of pure curiosity if there is any other area in the entire world that has so many high end boutiques in such a little space? It is just one courtyard, not bigger than half a football field that is nothing but these boutiques all next to each other. They include: Rolex, Cariter, Omega, Tag Heuer, IWC, Piaget, Bvlgari, Hublot, Vacheron, Jaeger, Panerai, Ulysses Nardin, and Lange. I could even be missing a few, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. So again, I'm just wondering if there is any other place like this with so many high end boutiques (not AD's) all in one area? There certainly could be, but I have never come across such an area. Just curious!

Banned

Re: Does the Miami Design District have the most luxury watch boutiques in one area in the world?

avenue montaigne
    bond street
    5th avenue
    the dubai mall
    south coast plaza
    canton road
    mpalmer likes this.

Re: Does the Miami Design District have the most luxury watch boutiques in one area in the world?

The Strip.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stelyos View Post
    avenue montaigne
    bond street
    5th avenue
    the dubai mall
    south coast plaza
    canton road
    I don't know about the others, but 5th avenue certainly does not even hold a candle to what I am referring to. 5th avenue may have many boutiques, but they are spaced out. I am referring to boutiques all in one small area. Like I said, the design district fits all of these boutiques back to back in one very small area. There are many retailers on 5th avenue, not just watches. And the Dubai Mall is a mall where there are other stores as well, the design district fits all of these boutiques into an area 1/50th the size of the dubai mall, so again that is not what I'm looking for

The combined Hong Kong/Macau area has multiple boutiques for most brands, as well as many ADs'. They have many clusters of boutiques. Each cluster doesn't have every brand, but if you combine every cluster, there might be 2-4 boutiques for almost every brand, including PP, AP, ALS, etc. For IWC for example, I ran accross 2 boutiques in HK, and one in Macau an hour ferry ride away, and that's not including multiple ADs.
    Last edited by bb-man; July 8th, 2016 at 18:55.
    mpalmer likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LikeClockWork View Post
    I don't know about the others, but 5th avenue certainly does not even hold a candle to what I am referring to. 5th avenue may have many boutiques, but they are spaced out. I am referring to boutiques all in one small area. Like I said, the design district fits all of these boutiques back to back in one very small area. There are many retailers on 5th avenue, not just watches. And the Dubai Mall is a mall where there are other stores as well, the design district fits all of these boutiques into an area 1/50th the size of the dubai mall, so again that is not what I'm looking for
    That's dumb... Just because we have more space you're dismissing them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Zürich Bahnhofstrasse
    Geneve of course.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by LikeClockWork View Post
    The Dubai Mall is big but all the watch boutiques in the Dubai Mall are all in one corner - certainly not "spaced out". Within about 50 feet you have PP, Rolex, IWC, Panerai, Cartier, Glashuette Original, ALS, AP, Omega, Tag, Blancpain, Richard Mille, JLC, B&M, VC, Longines, Hublot, etc (am I missing anyone?).

Or of course there is the Watches of Switzerland store on Bond Street, which basically has all that under one roof.
    Patek Philippe 5711/1A, white dial;
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe steel on sail cloth;
    IWC Portofino Automatic, black dial;
    Seiko A159 5009G (originally my father's, from 1978);
    Apple Watch 4
    Casio G Shock GW 5610NV-2JF

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stelyos View Post
    That's dumb... Just because we have more space you're dismissing them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not dismissing them. I am just curious, the post specifically states boutiques that are close together, so address the post instead of your own thoughts

Taipei101 has all those brands under 1 roof too. Due to the massive chinese market that tries to avoid their own luxury tax, every pacific rim country is stacked with high end boutiques.
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information