Does my "perfect" watch exist?
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Member Besbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    416

    Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Hi. I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as I look for my perfect watch. Here is what I am looking for:

    Approx 38mm - 40 mm size.
    Automatic or mechanical, bph not overly important.
    Crown guard
    Water resistant 200m
    Day and date
    No rotating bezel
    Applied indices
    Respectable lume

    Open to a variety of prices at the moment. If it's around $1000 I can consider it asap. If its $10,000 it may become my grail.

    I really like the Rolex Explorer 1 but wish it had crown guards and at least the date...
    Also really like the Hamilton Khaki King but wish it had better water resistance and applied indices.
    Hopefully this gives you a decent idea of what I'm looking for.

    If any of you can think of a piece like this I would be thankful!



    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    WatchDAniel likes this.

  2. #2
    Member obomomomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Name:  C001-407-16-037-01_FXA.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  102.6 KBName:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  62.5 KB

    Certina DS First day-date. DS Podium.
    Last edited by obomomomo; May 10th, 2018 at 18:45.
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 114060, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SBDX017, SLA017.

  3. #3
    Member Carl.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,232

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Why are crown guards important to you? Your options are massive if they were not.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    217

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    The Sinn 556i ticks all of these except for the day complication and the applied indices. Comes in just above your budget at around $1100 on strap or $1300 on bracelet. The Anniversary edition has applied indices, but loses the date.


    Longines Conquest is under $1k and has everything you listed except the day.


    The Tissot PRC200 is in budget and has everything except for crown guards
    Besbro, haganaga and ptfly like this.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    605

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Personally, I think the nicest implementation of crown guards in a watch with exactly those specifications is in the Halios Seaforth fixed bezel version. Unfortunately, they are extremely difficult to buy so you'd have to wait a few months for the next production run or buy one pre-owned.

    A close second for me would be the Christopher Ward C65 Trident Vintage Edition. If you can get past the unusual hands, it's extremely cool and the indices have a really neat colour combination that looks flat and "vintage" from head-on but raised from up-close.
    Last edited by watchNoob; May 10th, 2018 at 20:09.

  7. #6
    Member Besbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    416

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Why are crown guards important to you? Your options are massive if they were not.
    Call me weird but without crown guards the crown looks like something that should not be there. Like a wart... The look of the watch just works better with crown guards imo.
    The smaller the crown the less of an issue though. The Explorer 1 is almost ok without the guards.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Member Besbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    416

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by jester0723 View Post
    The Sinn 556i ticks all of these except for the day complication and the applied indices. Comes in just above your budget at around $1100 on strap or $1300 on bracelet. The Anniversary edition has applied indices, but loses the date.


    Longines Conquest is under $1k and has everything you listed except the day.


    The Tissot PRC200 is in budget and has everything except for crown guards
    The Longines Conquest is nice!

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Member Besbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    416

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by watchNoob View Post
    Personally, I think the nicest implementation of crown guards in a watch with exactly those specifications is in the Halios Seaforth fixed bezel version. Unfortunately, they are extremely difficult to buy so you'd have to wait a few months for the next production run or buy one pre-owned.

    A close second for me would be the Christopher Ward C65 Trident Vintage Edition. If you can get past the unusual hands, it's extremely cool and the indices have a really neat colour combination that looks flat and "vintage" from head-on but raised from up-close.
    The Halios you mentioned is nice!
    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    54,795

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Bin the day requirement and consider the Sinn 556.
    Besbro likes this.

  11. #10
    Member Carl.1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,232

    Re: Does my "perfect" watch exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Besbro View Post
    Call me weird but without crown guards the crown looks like something that should not be there. Like a wart... The look of the watch just works better with crown guards imo.
    The smaller the crown the less of an issue though. The Explorer 1 is almost ok without the guards.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Yep, you are weird. Good luck in the hunt.
    timefleas likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 2
      Last Post: August 29th, 2016, 09:50
    2. Replies: 11
      Last Post: June 20th, 2015, 01:41
    3. Does My Perfect Watch Exist?
      By zcstle in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 24th, 2015, 03:52
    4. Does the Perfect "Action" Watch Exist?
      By time_addict in forum Digital & ABC watches
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: March 23rd, 2012, 22:01
    5. Replies: 19
      Last Post: January 12th, 2011, 06:19

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •