Does such a watch exist? ( I assume it does because of certain posts I have came accross!!
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Does such a watch exist? ( I assume it does because of certain posts I have came accross!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Does such a watch exist? ( I assume it does because of certain posts I have came accross!!

Having purchased quite a large amount of watches over the years I have found that certainly after wearing them for several weeks I begin to question my purchases. The reason I do this is because I never regard the purchased watch having provided satisfaction & contentment. I'm unfortunately not very wealthy and work hard putting in lot's of hours to fund my hobby which I enjoy so much.

So my question is has other people been in a similar position in terms of not feeling contentment & satisfaction etc?

Finally I would appreciate if members could post their grail pieces or indeed a particular watch they have yet to purchase but would class the watch they aim to buy as either a grail or dream watch..

P.S

I know you guy's are probably busy with families & jobs, however I would appreciate if you have time stating whether the purchase of your dream / grail watch provided you with a watch that if need be could be you're watch and you would be happy with that???

Thanks Anto......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Flicker likes this.

Re: Does such a watch exist? ( I assume it does because of certain posts I have came accross!!

Good question - and pretty much my experience
    I have bought & flipped & sold & bought numerous watches for 25years
    Some lasted just a few months, some a few years
    Always the rush when I got it, and then the eye drifts and I see something else and the pleasure is diminished in the latest acquisition

The watch that kept me for the longest time was my Rolex Deepsea - I bought it when it came out and I loved it - it wasnt perfect - but I was so thrilled with it. I had wanted a Rolex for years but they were always tooooo small on my huge hams. Suddenly a 43mm Rolex seadweller - perfect. But it was never very stable, being too top heavy and the bracelet too narrow so I would often try to find the perfect strap - having several custom made. But when a £1000 service was due after 9 years use, I moved it on. I do enjoy my watches - I enjoy having several in rotation

If I was only to have 1 watch, it would be a watch I dont own, last year's red Seadweller.
    RickHoliday likes this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Re: Does such a watch exist? ( I assume it does because of certain posts I have came accross!!

I think contentment is really not how much the watch costs but the roll it fills and or the job it serves. For instance, my $9 Casio that I use as the gym gives me as much joy to wear as anything else. Why? Because it does what I need to to do, with no issues and that gives me immense contentment with it. Would I be content with my grail? I’m not sure. I probably would be with the watch, but knowing the cost etc might diminish that somewhat. Maybe one day I will find out
    Simon likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    I think contentment is really not how much the watch costs but the roll it fills and or the job it serves. For instance, my $9 Casio that I use as the gym gives me as much joy to wear as anything else. Why? Because it does what I need to to do, with no issues and that gives me immense contentment with it. Would I be content with my grail? Iím not sure. I probably would be with the watch, but knowing the cost etc might diminish that somewhat. Maybe one day I will find out
    Please sure the grail and don't me shy!! Lol

"Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Iíve never found the perfect watch. I know I never will, so Iím satisfied many of my purchases.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Name:  2179A156-A40B-4C4B-A899-A0C98FAED2DE.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  157.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by iberfoptic View Post
    Please sure the grail and don't me shy!! Lol

FBPB likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

They're the little things in life that make us happy. I used to be a watch snob and basically only wear an expensuve swiss watch, just personal preference. But now I mix it up way more with my citizens and other watches.
    Simon likes this.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Looking for a perfect watch is like looking for a perfect car. I can't take my roadster off road now, can I :)

I'm looking for a perfect watch for a particular situation within a specific price point. With that in mind, I own 3 perfect watches (out of the total of 4), and planning to add 2-3 to the collection

Perfect for a certain time and place is doable. Perfect for everything forever probably isn't.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information