Does your significant other pay attention
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Does your significant other pay attention

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Does your significant other pay attention

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on the couch and said to my wife, "which one of these two watches do you like better?" She pointed one out and I said that it was the one I liked too. I got up grabbed my wallet, pulled out my credit card and ordered the watch, all with her one foot away.

This past weekend I mentioned the watch and said it should show up soon. She looked at me and said "What watch? You ordered a watch?"

Since then I've taken great comfort in knowing she really doesn't keep track of me particularly well. This might work for me...

Re: Does your significant other pay attention

I'm all sheepish about my watch buying when it comes to my wife. But she doesn't care at all. She often says, "Why don't you go buy a watch?" But she also knows I'm a tightwad, so I probably won't take her advice so quickly.
    She does ask how much they cost when they arrive, to which I reply, "Not much."
    rdoder and brandon\ like this.
    If you never believe in anything, you'll never be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneMore View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on the couch and said to my wife, "which one of these two watches do you like better?" She pointed one out and I said that it was the one I liked too. I got up grabbed my wallet, pulled out my credit card and ordered the watch, all with her one foot away.

This past weekend I mentioned the watch and said it should show up soon. She looked at me and said "What watch? You ordered a watch?"

Since then I've taken great comfort in knowing she really doesn't keep track of me particularly well. This might work for me...
    This exact situation played out to a T just a few weeks ago when I was looking at and then purchased my Luminox. The difference is, when my watch arrived I caught some flack, which means I’m on watch lock down for a bit, unless of course the watches I have up for sale actually sell.
    Rotosphere and PowerChucker like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I get told to stop boring her with watches and just shut up and buy ......whatever the current one is I keep talking about. She knows I can not just do that as it takes me an age to decide......have you seen the Vertex military watch, now that is one I showed her and she just said 'meh, not that one'. I dare not try to get one of those now. It appears I can not win.
    HerrNano likes this.

Like a cat, my wife notices much more than she lets on. This is a dangerous thing, and I must tread lightly.

(I wonder if she has researched the price of my watches? She once let on she thought all of my pieces cost only two figures. Ha! OTOH, last Christmas she surprised me with a Hambone and probably paid in the neighborhood of $550 for it.)
    Brey17 and billyp7718 like this.
    Minus 8 - ​Locman - ​Invicta - Chotovelli - ​Aragon- Hamilton - NFW - ​​Fugue - Aark - Elysee - Hawthorn - ​Ming - Cronometrics ​- Martenero

I still see my ex SO every couple of months and she has certainly noticed my watch fetish.

I don't bring undue attention to my watches, so she doesn't really notice. This seems to work just fine, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by HerrNano View Post
    I'm all sheepish about my watch buying when it comes to my wife. But she doesn't care at all. She often says, "Why don't you go buy a watch?" But she also knows I'm a tightwad, so I probably won't take her advice so quickly.
    She does ask how much they cost when they arrive, to which I reply, "Not much."
    my god ... are you me ?
    HerrNano likes this.
    Seiko Bulova Tissot Eterna

She just takes the ones she likes, so far it has not been a problem. Currently she rotates tween a military green Hammy and a titanium ani-digi Giez G-Shock. In the past, for sailing and pottery wheel, she used a Mudman and a GW-3000BB. Long ago I got her a gold ladies fluted DJ, but she did not like it and hardly wears it.

She just shakes her head at my bronze watches. Green details catch her eye, I have noticed.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f357/sh...y-4697313.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/she...n-1646058.html

Last edited by yankeexpress; May 16th, 2018 at 22:06.

Banned

She either doesn't notice or pretends not to. I honestly think she just cares as much about watches as she does cars or camera gear.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information