It Doesn't Come With a Buckle?? ...need Help With Ordering a Watch Band.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dzlvs8
  • 1 Post By Ring

Thread: It Doesn't Come With a Buckle?? ...need Help With Ordering a Watch Band.

It Doesn't Come With a Buckle?? ...need Help With Ordering a Watch Band.

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong subforum. This is my first post and there are literally millions of sub forums here (I counted).

Anyway, my question is this: I want to buy this sweet watch band for my Citizen Nighthawk but I think I may be too stupid to own something like this. ....It doesn't seem to come with a buckle. Is my assumption correct? If so, how do I get a buckle and are they easy to install (does it require special tools to install the buckle).

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Pi...ntage,391.html

Re: It Doesn't Come With a Buckle?? ...need Help With Ordering a Watch Band.

Use the buckle you have...you do have one on the old band right? they come off.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by dzlvs8 View Post
    Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong subforum. This is my first post and there are literally millions of sub forums here (I counted).

Anyway, my question is this: I want to buy this sweet watch band for my Citizen Nighthawk but I think I may be too stupid to own something like this. ....It doesn't seem to come with a buckle. Is my assumption correct? If so, how do I get a buckle and are they easy to install (does it require special tools to install the buckle).

Pilot Strap Maron Old Vintage - bracelet 22mm - Steinhart Watches
    That is correct, in that case they expect you to transfer your Steinhart buckle. Buckles are easy to find at many of the online strap stores, try the strap forum here for lots of options. Most buckles attach with small spring bars just like the strap to the lugs of most watches. You can put them on usually with just your fingernail to compress the spring bar and slip the second side in. Removing them usually takes a spring bar tool but you shouldn't need one since you are just installing it not replacing the buckle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    Use the buckle you have...you do have one on the old band right? they come off.
    Don't know which Nighthawk he has but AFAIK they come on bracelets.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I have a bracelet on my nighthawk. I already have a spring bar tool on order. So I guess I should be all set. It looks like my expensive strap purchase is turning into a VERY expensive strap purchase. ...but I gotta have it. It looks saweeeet!
    Last edited by dzlvs8; July 4th, 2014 at 00:05.
    dbostedo likes this.

This may sound like a stupid suggestion, but, you could pick out another leather band that already has a buckle attached
    ShaggyDog likes this.
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    This may sound like a stupid suggestion, but, you could pick out another leather band that already has a buckle attached

He won't have trouble finding a riveted pilot strap with a buckle if he looks.

I bought this one from Steinhart, comes on a Steinhart deployant and is tapered IWC style. Awesome strap and it's the same price as the non tapered model you inquired about.

http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/Pi...tage,171.html#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information