Don't you just hate when...
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Don't you just hate when...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Don't you just hate when...

Don't you just hate when an authorized repair facility gives you an estimate for one watch that was sent to them and you ask them "well, what about the other watch?" and their response was "we only received one watch" when in fact you sent both of them in the same bubble wrapped bag that was taped up so they wouldn't get lost.

Of course the one that's missing was the brand's rare mechanical watch from a company that usually only makes quartz watches and is no longer manufactured. Just frickin' great.

Their response to get me off the phone was "we'll call you tomorrow." Yeah, I bet they will.
    Last edited by nathantw666; August 7th, 2019 at 02:43.

Re: Don't you just hate when...

Ummmmm, can't say that's happened to me (thankfully!), I don't even want to think about how I'd feel. What company/watch is it?

I hope it all works out... is it insured through shipping?

My other question is, every time I've sent in a watch, I fill out a repair form that gets sent with it (and often ahead of time as well) that outlines which watch(s) your sending in, serial number, reason for repair etc. Did you have to do that in this scenario?
    Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date ref WAR201E Tag Heuer Carrera Twin Time ref WV2116 Tag Heuer Formula 1 ref WAZ2114 Tag Heuer Carrera Jack Heuer 81 ref CV5111Omega Speedmaster Tintin ref 311.30.42.30.01.004Omega Seamaster 300m ref 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Planet Ocean 600m ref 232.32.46.21.01.005 Tudor Heritage Black Bay Black ref 79230N Rolex Submariner ref 114060 Rolex Explorer I Mk1 ref 214270 Eterna Kontiki ref 1220.41 Longines Legend Diver no date ref L3.674.456.2 Laco Cuxhaven ​ref. 862104

They stole your watch.
    Nokie likes this.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not to defend bad business practices, but hopefully it's just poor communication on their end. Hopefully "Bob" just forgot to tell "Moe" about the second piece, and it's sitting on "Bob"'s desk.

Hope you get some sort of resolution.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time II View Post
    Ummmmm, can't say that's happened to me (thankfully!), I don't even want to think about how I'd feel. What company/watch is it?

I hope it all works out... is it insured through shipping?

My other question is, every time I've sent in a watch, I fill out a repair form that gets sent with it (and often ahead of time as well) that outlines which watch(s) your sending in, serial number, reason for repair etc. Did you have to do that in this scenario?
    I purposely didn't include the repair company because they may indeed find the watch and I didn't want to smear them. However, if they don't find the watch I'll let you know who to avoid. I looked them up on Yelp yesterday and I wished I did that before I sent the watch in. Not too good.

I sent the watches with insurance. Seeing that the watches got there I don't think I have a recourse or issue with them.

They didn't have an online form to fill out. However, I sent them a letter with the description and serial number and the reason for the repair. I just sent them a copy of that letter yesterday in the email yesterday. I'm just at a loss as to what my recourse would be if they actually lost the watch. It'll be "he said, she said" type of scenario and they'll be blaming the post office for loss. Thankfully the watch wasn't the most expensive watch in my collection. It has tritium tubes that had faded and I just wanted them to change the tubes, so the watches were in perfectly working order. The kicker, was they couldn't fix the other watch they checked out. If they're an authorized repair facility shouldn't they have the tritium tubes?
    Overwound and Monocrom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    They stole your watch.
    I'm so hoping that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by mchilese View Post
    Not to defend bad business practices, but hopefully it's just poor communication on their end. Hopefully "Bob" just forgot to tell "Moe" about the second piece, and it's sitting on "Bob"'s desk.

Hope you get some sort of resolution.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm hoping too. We'll see later today, though, I doubt I'll hear from them until closing time.

Was it made clear that there were multiple items in the same package? Depending on the amount of bubble wrap they may have pulled out one watch and got rid of the box,not realizing that there was another item.
    ericht likes this.

Was there any communication via e-mail/phone Prior to sending the package off ? Letting them know what you were shipping... 2 pieces the repairs you wanted etc ?
    Don't know the center but Big Shop vs Small Shop would make a difference as to how many hands involved with receiving ..
    Hope it works out
    In Valor there is Hope - Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by nathantw666 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping too. We'll see later today, though, I doubt I'll hear from them until closing time.
    I'm not sure how they missed a second watch tapped to the other one. That's a hard one to explain without thinking of theft.

Sometimes when posts similar to this show up someone says take photos of you packaging the watch and keep a copy of the shipping receipt which shows the weight of the package. It's helpful advice I've never actually follow through with myself. I've taken photos of the watch before the sale but never after. I do hold onto the shipping info until everything is completed.

The packing slip might be something for you to use. Do you still have it and does it show the weight of the package. If the box and one watch doesn't match that weight then you may have some leverage. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Best of luck Nathan.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information