Down to 2 watches....I think

Thread: Down to 2 watches....I think

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Down to 2 watches....I think

Hello! I'm new here more/less. Browsed the forums here and there awhile. Go away for a year, come back when I think about getting another watch...it's time again.

My girlfriend - now fiancee said I could get an engagement gift. She's a keeper.

For the last few months, I've loosely researched hamilton watches......tissot......500-1500 dollar watches...and more recently Oris.

My mind has changed several times now....no more than several. Also, I've always liked Luminox watches. They are great for daily wear and tear and I can see at night with it. But my budget has always been 150-300 for a watch. Never more. While my Luminox 1828 is great and I'll keep wearing it in the field, I need one for the office...for nicer occasions, etc.

So here I am - down to two watches within my budget (well, her budget....who's kidding here - it's my money anyway, right?). The funny thing is they differ a lot from each other. One I really like and is a diver. I have no desire to get another in the future (Did I just lie?) And the other I really like, but there is also one like it for less....that I can buy in a year or two myself.

Below is an Oris Divers Date and a Hamilton Autochrono. Pretty diverse watch choices when stacked up to each other.

Oris Divers Date - 01 733 7533 8555-07 8 24 01PEB - Oris Divers - Oris - Purely mechanical Swiss watches.

Hamilton Watch · Auto Chrono

The question, is my search over - have I not looked everywhere. Is there a better diver at $1239 shipped from an Oris AD? Is there a better chronograph watch at $1150-1230 shipped from a Hamilton AD?

Am I missing anything? Sure these decisions based on personal choice....but even if I've found the right two.....what is the right one? I'm leaning toward the Diver because it's so different from what I'm used to - but then there is the Hamilton - it's ....ing beautiful....but a viewmatic 44mm can be had for ~$500 at amazon.com

So any advice would be great.

And nice to meet you all.

Re: Down to 2 watches....I think

Watches are just so personal. Get the one that speaks to you. The comment you made about wanting one for the office though, seems more Hamilton'ish to me than the Oris. Both are beautiful, so again, get the one you that you think will make you smile everytime you put it on your wrist.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Welcome back to the forum!

Those watches are so different. You can't go wrong with that classy Hammy and everyone has a dive watch these days. You doing any diving?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally, I think the Hamilton looks more classy. My taste is more simplistic rather than diver.

I would take Hamilton because they use a nice calibre H21 with power reserve 60Hours
    Follow my own time

These are two totally different style from two of my favor brands....tough call. Looking side by side I lean towards Hamilton.
    For 1K5 budget, I prob would go Longines instead of Hamilton myself.

Oris for me...

but i'm biased.
    BELL & ROSS - BR01-96 | CASIO - G Shock G-7900A-7 | ORIS - Oris Divers Small Second, Date | TISSOT - T Race-MotoGP | TIMEX - Indiglo Reef Gear

Very tough call. I like both a lot.
    I'm leaning towards the Hammy though. Esp. that Hammy.

Well, I think this far, the Oris takes the cake. I have some time to decide yet....

I think in a couple years I'll look at a hamilton jazzmaster viewmatic 44mm w/ silver dial brown and leather strap.

The thing I like about the diver is its so different but still nice enough to wear at work in the office.

This is my first bigger budget watch...and only because I'm not buying it! But who knows...if someone sells an Oris Bc4 day/date on a metal bracelet I may have to take them up on it....out of budget brand new.

Thanks for all the advice, folks.

I really dont think you can go wrong with either watch. I like them both for different reasons. The Hamiltons Chrono is classic and sexy and the Oris for its blue wave dial.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information