"Dress" digital?

Thread: "Dress" digital?

Question "Dress" digital?

Does it exist anymore? When the first red-on-black digital watches came out, they were the businessman's watch - I remember old gold plated casios from when I was a child.

Today, though, it seems that the business or dressy digital watch has gone the way of the dodo. Are there any still out there? I, personally, would spend arbitrarily large amounts of money on a digital watch that featured most of these features:
    • Classy metal case (steel, titanium, gold) with a non sport design. Casio's GShock line is great, but I'd like to see a digital watch I could wear with a blazer and not look out of place. At least something equivalent to a mid range dive watch as far as styling cues.
    • <color> on black, but high contrast display
    • Always on backlight (I'm told that Breitlings analog/digital watches have orange characters that are always 'lit' - is this true?)
    • OTA sync to atomic clock
    • 2, 3, 5 time zone tracking
    • Thin
    It seems like my only options are analog/digital watches these days - I have a sector 600 ana-digi, and while it's a nice watch, I find myself wanting something both thinner and without the analog hands. Does such a beast exist, with even 2 or 3 of the above characteristics?

Re: "Dress" digital?

I think tag heuer has a dressy rectangular digi. Not very thin, but not thick either. Not sure about the backlight.
    Regards.

Current Rotation: breitling cockpit -oris TT1 date black -seiko skx781 "orange monster" -seiko snm035 "landmonster" -citizen Promaster Titanium Eco-Drive 300m BJ8041-09E "ecozilla" -citizen ecodrive professional titanium BN0016-55L, blue dial "orca" -getat 44mm sterile rose gold luminor-style manual wind -getat 44mm sterile PVD orange "numbrels" manual wind --invictas: 8926c,8928ob,3712, 6410, 6024, 6924, 6926, 6927

Moderator High-end watches amine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by srmdalt View Post
    I think tag heuer has a dressy rectangular digi. Not very thin, but not thick either. Not sure about the backlight.

Yes it does, i got it since a hile, it's the Microtimer, i haven't got a pic of it on this laptop but you can search my last thread and you'll see it (The ones you wear regularely, topic) it has a nice white color backlight and is WR to 100 meters, one small prob is that the highly polished SS case is a scratch magnet, so i leave it in the box to shine for years to come, it is though a serious sophisticated digital dress watch design and catches eyes easily.
    Oris Flight Timer R4118,Oris Carlos Coste 2007,Oris TT3,Rolex Submariner date,Rolex Milgauss GV,Rolex cosmograph Daytona,Rolex GMT Master II-C,Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712/1A,A.Lange & Söhne Lange1,Breguet Le Reveil Du Tsar,Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time,Audemars Piguet ROO Safari,Omega SMP1164,Panerai 177,Panerai 88,Panerai 214,Panerai 233,Breitling Navitimer world,Tag Heuer aquaracer D/D, Tag Heuer Microtimer,Tag Heuer SLR 2007 L.E,Tag Heuer Carrera, Cartier Santos 100,Frederique Constant Austin Healey L.E,Maurice Lacroix Pontos,Maurice Lacroix MP Double Retrograde,Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL 2007 L.E,Tissot Moto GP 2007 L.E,JeanRichard Chronoscope J-051,JeanRichard Chronoscope 25030,JeanRichard Bressel 16012,Longines Lindbergh 47mm,Girard Perregaux Laureato Evo3,Jaeger-Le-Coultre Master World Geographic,IWC Classic Pilot Chrono,IWC 5001 Portuguese 7 Days,Baume & Mercier Hampton XL Magnum,Zenith Defy Classic Chrono Aero,Zenith Defy Extreme Chrono,Longines Legend Diver...etc

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That Tag is a cool looking watch. Looks like Nike copied the design with their Oregon watch.

Some Rosendahl watches might fit your criteria...
    http://www.kenmarwatches.com/rosendahl/
    Also, look at some of the Philippe Starck watches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by kontai69; May 3rd, 2008 at 17:03.

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

stuffler,mike

Welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to tour Public Forum as well.

Junghans Mega 1000, automatic receiver for DCF 77 (Europe), WWVB (US) und JJY 40/60 (Japan).

You still might be able to find a Ventura out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    You still might be able to find a Ventura out there.
    This place looks like they sell Venturas...
    http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/w15s.asp

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

Both the Junghans and the Tag are definitely going to be investigated. Anything else out there I should be aware of?

Has anyone started really experimenting with OLED screens? I know fossil had one or two - anyone else?

dress digitals are still out there, just been updated and added the analog hands on the dial. tags chronotimer, omegas 120m and x-33.

Thread Information