'dress' watch dressed down
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By shameless
  • 1 Post By woodsworth
  • 1 Post By mpalmer
  • 1 Post By eddiesleftfoot

Thread: 'dress' watch dressed down

'dress' watch dressed down

i have to admit in my world of vintage divers -chronos and military watches i really only possess one true 'dress' watch which i love -a 71 seamaster- rescued it and had it brought back to life so to speak - but sadly and frustratingly in my limited social life i don't get to wear it enough - so in a bid to make it more acceptable as a daily wearer i decided to pair it with a bund and it has become completely wearable at most times - maybe you guys might shout at me and you are welcome to do so but i like it and it has given the least worn watch a new lease of life -it slides thru the bund without any need to de strap so is instantly returned to dress mode if required Name:  _DX10025 copy.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  69.1 KBName:  _GJP0035 copy.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  85.7 KBName:  _GJP0029xdxx copy.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  70.0 KB go easy guys
    jah likes this.

Re: 'dress' watch dressed down

I'm usually not a fan of bund style bands, but this one isn't half bad! Certainly gives it a more casual feel.

That said, I think that particular Omega on the croc strap would look great with any attire- jeans / t-shirt included.
    shameless likes this.

If you like that combo, wear it and enjoy it, Sir! The bund strap is not for me, however. If I wanted to dress such a watch down I would probably do so by putting it on a less traditional leather strap than that brown one. Maybe a different grain than the standard gator or croc, something like shark, lizard, or ostrich, and maybe a different colour than the usual dark brown or black so often paired with dress watches. But again, if you're happy with the bund, I'm happy you're happy!
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mn85 View Post
    That said, I think that particular Omega on the croc strap would look great with any attire- jeans / t-shirt included.
    I agree with this. A great strap makes that watch shine with any attire. I think it can be a daily wearer on that strap as it is, particularly since the strap is brown.

Personally, I think that watch looks borderline ridiculous on that bund. I do, however, love the look of the watch and would happily wear it if I owned it!
    shameless likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

No, no no!!

The Seamaster looks great on the original strap but the bund is just wrong!

IMO, of course :)
    shameless likes this.
    My watches on Instagram @jonmac1965

Looks great on the croc, might look OK on an all leather Bund, but the combo- leather AND croc..........reminds me of something, can't put my finger on it, wait! I know now it's like........

Name:  dog_cat.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  41.7 KB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information