So I am looking for some suggestions on a dress watch. The usage of this will be for of course formal outings where I will be in a black suit and tie but I'd also like to be able to wear it to work. Work I will say is casual to business casual (a lot of people think this concept is evil I know) what this means to me is from shorts and a tee shirt to khakis and a polo shirt. So I would like to every once and a while wear it to work when wearing khakis and a polo shirt even if the watch is a bit too dressy for that normally. Now I have done a lot of research on this and tried searching but I haven't found what I would consider to be the perfect watch. Below is my criteria.
- <= ~$1000
- Manual - hand wind
- Sapphire crystal both front and back. I would like a nicely decorated movement.
- Relatively small <= 39mm but I believe I wouldn't want to go any smaller than 34mm.
- Thin <= 10.5 mm thickness
- No arabic or roman numerals. I do still want ticks to show the hour divisions.
- Second hand either full size or small
- Black leather strap
- No day / date - although if there is a very clean / simple date on it I could maybe let this slide.
Now the Stowa Antea KS (photo below from Stowa) is almost exactly what I want.
The problem is I really prefer no arabic numerals as I believe this makes a much cleaner look plus I have a flieger already on order and if I was going to order an Antea as well I would need to wait a long time and I would prefer to get the flieger before ordering another Stowa. I know their have been times that Stowa has made some limited edition Antea's without arabic numerals but not sure if any have manual and I haven't seen any for sale. I am open to second hand but I think I want to stay away from vintage.
Of course Nomos would fit into everything I have stated except for the cost, plus I would like to try it on before hand and I don't believe any B&M retailers exist in Canada for Nomos.
Thanks for the help.