Dropped Archimede pilot M

Thread: Dropped Archimede pilot M

Dropped Archimede pilot M

Hello! I recently purchased my first automatic watch, the Archimede Pilot M. I like it quite a lot!

Alas, I clearly have no place owning such a nice timepiece, as recently I clumsily dropped from about waist height onto a slate floor. Oof. From what I can tell, there's no major damage, apart from a scuffed case and a little crack on the inside of rear crystal. It seems to still tell time accurately. I would like this watch to last as long as I do, and I'm worried about internal damage that will hurt the watch's prospects for long-term survival.

1. How likely is it that there's some kind of internal damage that I can't see? I seem to notice a spec of dust or two underneath the crystal. I realize that I may only noticing this now as I've been looking the watch over for damage ever since the drop.

2. Would it be worth paying a professional to open it up and give the internals a once-over, or should I leave the internals undisturbed?

Well, that was verbose. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated!

Re: Dropped Archimede pilot M

Well for major damage to sapphire crystals it is advised to pull the crown and hack the movement (stop the movement ticking) to prevent sapphire chips from working there way into moving parts.
    http://tylerwalsh.webs.com/

Current rotation:
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish A17390
    Bulova Precisionist 98B142
    Victorinox Maverick II Chronograph and Maverick II GMT
    Seiko SKX007
    Invicta 8926C
    Casio MDV-102
    Fossil Chronograph

edit. tough one. Depends on what the dust particles are from, just dust or a result of the rear glass chipping.
    Last edited by bigvatch; January 2nd, 2011 at 02:21.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the responses. I had a watchmaker look the watch over and he said that what I thought was a crack was actually a bit of the plastic seal that had shifted slightly.The movement appears to be accurate. I feel like I got off with a warning!

Thread Information