Dropped my Tissot...what online repair is reputable and affordable?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John MS

Thread: Dropped my Tissot...what online repair is reputable and affordable?

Dropped my Tissot...what online repair is reputable and affordable?

I dropped my 6 year old PR516 Heritage today, right on it's back. The glass is all fine but the movement is clearly messed up and the crown came out when I pulled on it. Tissot's website doesn't make it super obvious how to go about getting a repair taken care of - so I'm wondering if there is a really reputable Tissot (or modern watches in general) repair site online I can mail my watch to, or if Tissot is really the best avenue for this incident, and how to get in touch with the right people there for a proper repair. Any help is welcome, thank you!

Re: Dropped my Tissot...what online repair is reputable and affordable?

What is "affordable"?

Here is a link to estimated Tissot service prices as well as contact information.
    www.tissotwatches.com/en-us/support/prices
    soaking.fused likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you find somebody great online, I'm interested too. Otherwise I'd try the AWCI site; find a few watchmakers close to you with the highest level of expertise/certification, and get estimates. Good luck.

It's actually pretty reasonable to send it back to the swatch group. If you shoot them an email, they will confirm your shipping address and send you a mail-in kit with a prepaid and labeled shipping box. I just sent in my Mido; they received it on the 30th of last month, and emailed me an estimate exactly one week later. Estimated turn around time for a full-service was October 5, which is about a month after receipt. We'll see if they meet it, but that's actually not bad. Expect to pay around $190 plus any new parts beyond those replaced in a usual full-service. They also provide a log-in to their service system, where you can monitor the status.

I'd highly recommend sending the piece in to Swatch Group service center - they're not perfect but usually provide quality service and guarantee for at least 12 months.

If you insist on third party service I'd suggest looking locally before going to online shops. Where are you at OP? I may be able to recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_957 View Post
    I'd highly recommend sending the piece in to Swatch Group service center - they're not perfect but usually provide quality service and guarantee for at least 12 months.

If you insist on third party service I'd suggest looking locally before going to online shops. Where are you at OP? I may be able to recommend.
    I'm going to contact Swatch tomorrow, thanks for the tip. I'm in Atlanta, in case you know anyone good in the area. Thanks!

I second what others said, I personally would send it to Tissot.

Good luck!
    Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date ref WAR201E Tag Heuer Carrera Twin Time ref WV2116 Tag Heuer Formula 1 ref WAZ2114 Tag Heuer Carrera Jack Heuer 81 ref CV5111Omega Speedmaster Tintin ref 311.30.42.30.01.004Omega Seamaster 300m ref 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Planet Ocean 600m ref 232.32.46.21.01.005 Tudor Heritage Black Bay Black ref 79230N Rolex Submariner ref 114060 Rolex Explorer I Mk1 ref 214270 Eterna Kontiki ref 1220.41 Longines Legend Diver no date ref L3.674.456.2 Laco Cuxhaven ​ref. 862104

I know a good repair place in Atlanta if you would prefer not to send it off.
    I've got more Converse sneakers than watches, but it is a close race.

Thread Information