Dual Time or world timer for half hour offsets - India zone?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dual Time or world timer for half hour offsets - India zone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dual Time or world timer for half hour offsets - India zone?

Gentlemen,

I have been silently on the lookout for a world timer that supports India time zone (which is on the GMT+5:30 timezone). I would love to have the VC Patrimony Traditionelle World Timer, but I also dont want to be an organ donor while alive .
    This shows 37 timezones compared to almost all others which has 24!

Name:  vacheronconstantinpatrimonytraditionnelleworldtime-0.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  110.8 KB

Since I could not find any that would be more reasonably priced that would show 37 zones, started looking for dual time watches.
    Something that I might be able to spring for is this Maurice Lacroix Pontos Decentrique GMT. Beautiful watch, love that it has moon phase as well, but looking at the details of the 2nd zone, it seems like only the hour hand can be changed thus effectively making it like most GMT watches.

Name:  mauricelacroix-pontos decentrique GMT.png
Views: 1045
Size:  135.7 KB

Another one that I have looked at a lot is the Frederique-Constant World Timer. Nice looking one, in-house movement but again not fulfill my first criteria.
    Name:  frederique constant worldtimer.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  102.0 KB

I have also looked at the IWC world timer as well as JLC dual-time, but for that I kind of money the JLC MUTs would take precedence over any world timer. I have also wandered onto the Christopher Ward website in search of this.
    I would like it to be not too big (under 42mm) and not too thick and definitely on a leather strap and have additional complications to boot

Would welcome any suggestions!
    Last edited by mnpwatch; October 23rd, 2013 at 00:03.

Re: Dual Time or world timer for half hour offsets - India zone?

Another one that I have looked at is the JLC Reverso Duo, but alas here too only the hour hand can be changed.
    Name:  JLC reverso duo.png
Views: 958
Size:  192.1 KB

Any true worldtimer will work, just read off halfway between Dubai and Karachi

I use the Ball Diver Worldtime, which has the additional ability to dial in the half hour offset by adjusting the city ring on the bezel.

My Tissot T-touch will do it also, you can offset the digital display from the analog in 15 min increments.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A watchmaker can always offset the GMT hand on a four-hand dual-time movement by half-an-hour. Of course, now you have a GMT watch that's only good for India and Newfoundland, but if one of your zones will always be "home," then that could still work fine.

Blancpain Villeret GMT will do the job but also not cheap:
    mnpwatch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orex View Post
    Blancpain Villeret GMT will do the job but also not cheap:
    oooh! Soo beautiful!! and the image clearly shows the 30min offset!

Quote Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
    Any true worldtimer will work, just read off halfway between Dubai and Karachi

I use the Ball Diver Worldtime, which has the additional ability to dial in the half hour offset by adjusting the city ring on the bezel.
    The zone would be between Karachi and Dhaka. Although I can split the zone (and since I am on Pacific timezone, conversion is much easier - just add 30mins to local PST), it is much gratifying to actually have the complication address it.
    The Ball Diver is a good looking one! I will go check out the other Ball watches now.

Quote Originally Posted by mnpwatch View Post
    The zone would be between Karachi and Dhaka. Although I can split the zone (and since I am on Pacific timezone, conversion is much easier - just add 30mins to local PST), it is much gratifying to actually have the complication address it.
    It depends on how you set the world time disc for DST. I do MORE business with Europe, so I prefer that part of the wheel to be correct/direct read ... Which makes Asia off an hour. So, for me, India time is between Karachi and Dubai. :)

PJR

My Casio digitals w/ world time can be adjusted to account for the half hour difference where it applies. My Seiko SBPB003 will do the same for all locations except Newfoundland. They aren't particularly fancy watches but they do meet the requirement.

A so-called dual time watch would be ideal for tracking time between zones with halfhour and other splits. The thread below has several good ideas. My favorite is the Ebel.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/advi...ch-931268.html

Have a look at the Tissot Navigator Heritage 160 to see if that does your job. The T Touch that TC mentions must be easy to set as I was able to do it when I looked at one in the AD's the other day.
    Ebongoode likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information