Durable watches Anyone?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Durable watches Anyone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Durable watches Anyone?

As listed above I am looking for a watch that is durable, rugged, and water resistant. Any brand names or specific watches you can give would be most appreciated. I am going into the armed forces so i will demand that my watch be able to withstand significant stress.

Thank you

Re: Durable watches Anyone?

G-Shock watches are the 1st that comes to mind. Unless u do not want a digital watch.

G-shock pretty good. Another watch brand I like: Lum Tec, they make very good watches that you can see all night long, I'm impressed with them.

Another you will hear about is Suunto. Also, look to Nite Watches, they are a U.K. company but I recall reading some of their watches are issued to military units. They have some nice looking pieces, but hopefully someone here can speak to them. I think Lum Tec and Nite would be good for you.

Edited to add: the Nite MX10 201 looks pretty cool and durable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZJeGC8AU8
    Last edited by Metals; December 6th, 2011 at 07:07.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thank you very much for your input. I will research those.

What branch and what's your job? I got by as a grunt in the Marines with a Pulsar quartz diver...wore it through School of Infantry and while in the fleet. I still have it with the exception that it's now on a NATO instead of its original rubber strap.

What exactly will you be doing that will stress your watch so badly? It's not like you use the watch as a tripod.

Any decent dive watch should work unless you know for sure you're going to be parachuting and diving...in which case you would buy the watch after successful completion of those schools. Personally I would go with quartz again...not enough time to be fussing around with resetting the time and date after non-use.

Definitely G-Shock. Or maybe a Reactor Trident Never Dark in titanium.

My collection may be complete, but it is never completed

Collection: Rolex Submariner 116610; Seikos Orange Monster, Black Monster, 007 (X2) 009, SRPB53, SPB079, and SRP775; Hamiltons Khaki 42mm and Khaki King; Halios Laguna; 2012 WUS CMW Forum Dual Crown Project Watch; Invicta Pro Diver 8926OB; Casio Pathfinder PAG40; G-Shock GD350, GW7900B-1, DW9052-1BCG. GMW5610-1, DW5600, DW5600CMB-1, DW5900, GW-9400-1CR; Orients Star Classic and 2ER; Some other stuff.

Either a Casio G Shock or Timex Ironman Shock will be very durable, water resistant, rugged and accurate.

To baronrojo,
    I am not entirely sure what my job will be. I have qualifications in both scuba diving and parachuting as well as rope course managment. The reason I am asking about a durable watch is because I had a luminox dive watch that broke and filled with water approximately a month and a half after I bought it. The company then said it was my fault accusing me of having the crown unlocked when I dove. So I would prefer not to have a huge hassle over the watch again. The funny thing was that I was doing a relatively simple dive and i didn't notice my watch was broken until I was about 10 minutes into the dive and its extremly unsafe for any one to dive with out a working watch. So I may be parachuting, or I may be diving or both depending on what they want. Thank you for your input.

Thanks

I don't know what your price range is, but Marathonwatch.com has some really good options. I have owned a GSAR automatic for a few years and can assure you that it is extremely rugged and a very good dive watch. As a matter of fact it is mil spec and and has a military stock number.
    Last edited by Rcfan; December 6th, 2011 at 23:06.

+1 on the Marathon. They've a good service record.
    Good luck on your search and post photos of what you decide upon!
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information