eBay bargains?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By nwswdn
  • 2 Post By Cobia

Thread: eBay bargains?

eBay bargains?

I'm new to the site and really enjoy reading what others have to say about watch brands, movements, etc. Learning a lot!
    Big fan of Citizen and Seiko products.
    I've been on a shopping spree lately on eBay building up my "stock".

I tend to shop for bargains; keeping my purchases in the $50-$75 dollar range. I look at just about any style that catches my eye, and make a purchase of something that is different from what I already own.

Here are some recent buys:

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  6.0 KB$42; good basic Citizen BK 4050; NIB. Just wish the hands were a little lighter color; sometimes a bit hard to see them.

Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 210
Size:  3.1 KB $30; Pulsar PT3393; NIB; mine has a touch of green on the buttons that sets it off. Really like the design and the heft of this watch.

Name:  download (2).jpg
Views: 207
Size:  3.8 KB $54; Seiko Kinetic Indicator Automatic Sports 100 5M42-0B09 ~BB57; used. This one needed a little cleaning up. Feels really good on the wrist. Only thing is, I can't seem to get it to "load" a very long charge. How long should a person have to wear it to get it fully charged?

Name:  download (3).jpg
Views: 214
Size:  9.3 KB$54; Seiko SGEB33 Titanium; NIB. So far I feel this is my best bargain. Nice light watch.

Name:  download (4).jpg
Views: 218
Size:  8.8 KB $35; Skagen 42LTB; used. A little rough; especially the band, but it cleaned up well. I have a Skagen dressy watch and had no idea they ever made anything like this.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  4.8 KB $78; Invicta 13622 Chrono Brown Dl 18K Rose Gold; NIB. Yeah, yeah, I know! What the hell was I thinking! Not the wisest purchase. The watch itself is OK and I do like the rose gold with the brown dial. But the first thing that has to go is the band; how cheap can you get! I've purchased better quality after market bracelets at Walmart....

Name:  download (5).jpg
Views: 211
Size:  8.1 KB $47; Citizen BM6010-55A eco-drive; used. This is on the way and I'm guessing at the model number as it was not shown in the listing. Looks like new to me; description said worn twice. The dial color is what caught my eye; I have nothing else like it.

And finally....

Name:  $_0.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  2.2 KB $7; yep a clothing watch! NIB; IZOD 2022 on the way. I couldn't pass it up for the price. I like the design, and for the price it will make a great beater watch if it comes to that.

So there you have it. I'm still watching some other "bargains" (in my mind they are anyway!) Critique and comments welcome. I've shown you mine - now let's see your bargain buys.
    Cobia and Jaylon Wennings like this.

Re: eBay bargains?

Hi mate and welcome to WUS.

Its very refreshing to see somebody come on and instead of showing off a collection of high end watches, put up a collection of down to earth affordables, i really like that, kudo's to you.
    A nice collection of watches to be proud of there, those citizens are fantastic bang for buck watches, as are the seiko's.
    Nice collection and welcome aboard.
    cheers
    Jaylon Wennings and hayday like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    Hi mate and welcome to WUS.

Its very refreshing to see somebody come on and instead of showing off a collection of high end watches, put up a collection of down to earth affordables, i really like that, kudo's to you.
    A nice collection of watches to be proud of there, those citizens are fantastic bang for buck watches, as are the seiko's.
    Nice collection and welcome aboard.
    cheers
    Thanks for the welcome. I really do prefer owning a variety of everyday watches. I'm sometimes a bit hard on them, and don't want the concern of wearing a $1,000 +++ on my wrist! The only jewelry I wear is a wedding ring, so it's also a chance to change up the look as the mood suits me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

welcome to the forum,
    love the variety and your approach to watch collecting,

personally I would love to do the same, but I'm in a 'transition' place ... hate to move with so many stuff ... when I'm more settled down hopefully I can go on a little shopping spree as well :)

Thread Information