Ebay being Ridiculous
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Ebay being Ridiculous

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ebay being Ridiculous

I just had a listing removed and got a automated response.

Pictures are clear and i even have a picture of the movement of the vintage omega. Shows clearly its real with its serial number , markings etc.

This is just frustrating that it gets removed after the 6th day of the 7 day auction..

Re: Ebay being Ridiculous

Why was it removed?
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Got automated response for trademark violation.pretty sad when they wont remove russian watches without original dial case or movement movement.

All my pictures were clear and i have sold panerai and other watches with positive feedback. .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BurritoFanBoi112 View Post
    Got automated response for trademark violation.pretty sad when they wont remove russian watches without original dial case or movement movement.

All my pictures were clear and i have sold panerai and other watches with positive feedback. .
    They must have gotten reports that it is fake...

Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    They must have gotten reports that it is fake...
    I got a pm first day of auction , when someone wrote "This fake?? Why low price? Not working"

And even though it was written really improperly , I told them how I usually start at a low bidding price to attract more buyers , and that I would assure them that the written serial number on the movement clearly matched the year of the production, and everything looked correct about it, in detail.

And i got no response.

I guess it got reported by the same person , and since ebay has no expertise about vintage watches (all though I am shocked they don't report russian pocket watches turned IWC with new dial , new case , new movement parts , like yesterday signing)

It's just frustrating that I don't even get to appeal it.

I have a 100 percent feedback and over 100 feedbacks , I am sure I did not decide to sell a fake (which obviously it wasn't from the well detailed pics) just last week.

I don't use chrono24 , but I might take my business there.
    Last edited by BurritoFanBoi112; October 26th, 2014 at 09:24.

That is frustrating for sure. eBay tends to be pro-active when it comes to reported fakes but does nothing for the tons that go unreported.

EBay IS ridiculous.

It favours the buyer and doesn't penalise them for breach of contract when they win auctions and don't pay up.
    International Priority Shipping bars UK buyers from bidding on USA watches.
    I recently listed a watch with fixed price and offers (as opposed to auction) and was stupid enough to add the words "come on, make me an offer" in the listing. EBayautomatic decided that this was me inviting buyers into a private transaction.
    My photos are all taken with my mobile phone camera and always to the same resolution: sometimes they don't meet EBay's "quality requirements" so I delete them, re-list them and then they're acceptable.
    The problem you're described here: what are you supposed to do - list it as "I bought it as a Rolex/Omega/Poljot/IWC/Timex. The serial number matches the paperwork. I believe my watch to be genuine but all tests of reasonableness fail to satisfy EBay"?
    We have a law in the UK, I guess other countries do too. It's the principle of caveat emptor which means buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by BurritoFanBoi112 View Post
    I got a pm first day of auction , when someone wrote "This fake?? Why low price? Not working"

And even though it was written really improperly , I told them how I usually start at a low bidding price to attract more buyers , and that I would assure them that the written serial number on the movement clearly matched the year of the production, and everything looked correct about it, in detail.

And i got no response.

I guess it got reported by the same person , and since ebay has no expertise about vintage watches (all though I am shocked they don't report russian pocket watches turned IWC with new dial , new case , new movement parts , like yesterday signing)

It's just frustrating that I don't even get to appeal it.

I have a 100 percent feedback and over 100 feedbacks , I am sure I did not decide to sell a fake (which obviously it wasn't from the well detailed pics) just last week.

I don't use chrono24 , but I might take my business there.
    BurritoFanBoi112 likes this.

... and never say you won't take PayPal or other payment options.

Yep , really stupid indeed.

I just read a ton of articles where people's Rolex , Omega listings get pulled , with clear images of even the movement and the serial number matching the papers, I guess my problem was the movement picture was the last one , so the listing remove spammer probably did not take the time to look at all the images.

It's kinda sad when you can bring the same watch to Omega store in NYC , and they give you info about when it was manufactured , authenticate the movement , but the experts on ebay know otherwise.

I don't wanna drive this out of topic , but how do those russian sellers with below 100% feedback , then sell these pocket watch conversions of IWC , PATEK , OMEGA without the original dial , without the original case , and you'd be lucky if the movement had a genuine hair spring , and the signature on the movement looks like it was engraved recently

it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkathree View Post
    EBay IS ridiculous.

It favours the buyer and doesn't penalise them for breach of contract when they win auctions and don't pay up.
    International Priority Shipping bars UK buyers from bidding on USA watches.
    I recently listed a watch with fixed price and offers (as opposed to auction) and was stupid enough to add the words "come on, make me an offer" in the listing. EBayautomatic decided that this was me inviting buyers into a private transaction.
    My photos are all taken with my mobile phone camera and always to the same resolution: sometimes they don't meet EBay's "quality requirements" so I delete them, re-list them and then they're acceptable.
    The problem you're described here: what are you supposed to do - list it as "I bought it as a Rolex/Omega/Poljot/IWC/Timex. The serial number matches the paperwork. I believe my watch to be genuine but all tests of reasonableness fail to satisfy EBay"?
    We have a law in the UK, I guess other countries do too. It's the principle of caveat emptor which means buyer beware.
    Last edited by BurritoFanBoi112; October 26th, 2014 at 12:01.

BTW, they recently increased fees....again. There was a 250$ upper limit before meaning it made sense to sell more expensive watches in the hope of attracting a bigger audience and knowing fee is capped to 250. Now they made the upper limit 750.
    JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information