eBay seller with attitude
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: eBay seller with attitude

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

eBay seller with attitude

So I look on eBay and there are some great seiko watches. One was £499 or best offer
    i offer and the reply was ok, I re offer and then down the rabbit hole I go until the seller starts throwing sarcasm and abuse at me for daring to.... Offer on a watch, in fact two

£750 instead of £1000 and I was going to drive to collect which would be over two hundred miles all in

anyone else want to scream at eBay sellers?

Re: eBay seller with attitude

It is possible to irritate any seller when making offers. At some point if the offer is low enough they will get upset.

Also, you picking the watch up is not a benefit to MOST sellers, it is in fact a PITA, unless they have a brick and mortar. The bottom line is making offers on eBay or any other place is a minefield, there is a number that is low enough for most anyone to get annoyed, either the number or the number of times finally hit the sellers threshold, it is what it is and part of the negotiation game.

In the end every buyer wants to scream at a seller once in a while, the opposite is true also.

Maybe I'm missing something in the translation ...

OP says he made an offer and the seller's response was "OK." Then he says he re-offered. Does this mean the seller accepted his offer and now he's trying to renegotiate? If this is the case, OP was out of line for doing so.

But maybe I'm missing something....
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

You offered a full £250 ($415.00) under the asking price? And you're wondering why he told you to pound sand?
    Donf and X2-Elijah like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post

OP says he made an offer and the seller's response was "OK." Then he says he re-offered. Does this mean the seller accepted his offer and now he's trying to renegotiate? If this is the case, OP was out of line for doing so.

I THINK he meant he started offering on another watch but it isn't clear.

Yeah the OP was impossible to ascertain, but this is what I interpreted it to mean too.

Well, I would certainly get annoyed if a potential buyer made me an offer, I accepted, and then the buyer tried to lower the price further.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

If he did in fact make a lower offer after and offer was accepted on that watch then the OP should expect ANY seller to have a fit.

I think perhaps that the OP meant that the seller's initial response was not an acceptance of his offer but was 'ok' in that it was not abusive.

he is from Yorkshire !!!
    rodia77 likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information