eBay seller: eantiquess. Anyone?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John MS

Thread: eBay seller: eantiquess. Anyone?

eBay seller: eantiquess. Anyone?

Has a very interesting mix of watches for sale. 99.2% positive feedback. Catch is he is in Poland and I know that there is some franken stuff that comes out of areas of E. Europe. Nothing necessarily catches my eye at the moment but he/ she/ they have a great variety. I am collecting pre- '70, with numbers, sweeping seconds, and hand wound.

Re: eBay seller: eantiquess. Anyone?

99% is good...The Franken comment is true...Puts you on the seesaw for sure.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    99% is good...The Franken comment is true...Puts you on the seesaw for sure.
    I agree, 99% is very good. Problem is that there are so many watches coming out of that area that never really existed. They look good and show proper amounts of wear and tear on the dials and movements. Just a risky proposition I guess.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by derelict View Post
    Has a very interesting mix of watches for sale. 99.2% positive feedback. Catch is he is in Poland and I know that there is some franken stuff that comes out of areas of E. Europe. Nothing necessarily catches my eye at the moment but he/ she/ they have a great variety. I am collecting pre- '70, with numbers, sweeping seconds, and hand wound.
    I think you will need to look carefully at the sellers pictures, ask lots of questions and know what the watch should look like before buying. That kind of research is important if you want to collect watches in original condition. Be aware that there are lots of collectors who buy and enjoy watches that have been created from unrelated parts. For example many of the so-called trench watches seen for sale on Ebay and elsewhere are modern eastern european creations.
    Last edited by John MS; July 29th, 2014 at 17:26.
    little big feather likes this.

All true. I just like the older stuff. I am running serial numbers, researching cases, etc... just to make sure. The stuff that I have seen thus far seems legitimate, with the exception of some cases. They seem too good to be true but it is amazing what polishing paste and a buffing wheel can do.

Thread Information