Is this eBay seller legit?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Will3020
  • 1 Post By dbakiva

Thread: Is this eBay seller legit?

KQY

Hi all, just wondering if the eBay seller luxuryontime is legit because i'm thinking of buying a couple Gucci watches, has anyone had experience buying from this seller before and if so how was it?

Here's a link to his store:
    http://stores.ebay.ca/luxuryontime?_rdc=1

Re: Is this eBay seller legit?

Kinda strange profile: eBay member for almost 10 years, 132 buyer feedbacks, the vast majority of them since last August, 3 negatives in the past year, and 7 pages of items listed for sale. I would tread carefully.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

10 years and only 132 feedback hmmm pretty strange for such a long eBay history. Again careful and I would also look at what he has sold over time. There are also a host of other reputable eBayer sellers out there too. Explore and research !

Good luck
    Brandx_HLZ likes this.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Will3020 View Post
    10 years and only 132 feedback hmmm pretty strange for such a long eBay history. Again careful and I would also look at what he has sold over time. There are also a host of other reputable eBayer sellers out there too. Explore and research !

Good luck
    It's not so much the 10 years and 132 feedbacks. That's pretty much what my profile is like, too. And most of my feedbacks are for things I bought, and I've only sold a few items, coins, a few watches, a couple pieces of electronics ... but I see this guy has 7 pages of items for sale, mostly watches. Looks like he's recently tried to go into business in a biggish way, and for that kind of operation, he's got a very meager track record.
    Brandx_HLZ likes this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

as dbakiva pointed out,
    the 10 years 132 feedback is not too worrisome, though it will garner some consideration, it could what was mentioned above, the seller took a hiatus and now is back with a lot of stock,
    and there's a possibility of taking over the family business as well ... or someone else's

mine is somewhat similar as well, watches is a side business (that will take a LOT of your time) so there will be some downtime, especially now that I'm slowly moving away from eBay and concentrating on other projects,

but what need more consideration is the 3 negative feedback - good thing is none about the watches being fake, but it seems service is not up to par to several people

KQY

I didn't notice the length of time he's been a member vs. the number of feedback but it looks like he just really started selling in volume last year which explains it. I asked for pictures of the actual items since the listings use stock photos so i'm sure i'll get a better idea after i see real photos.

Quote Originally Posted by KQY View Post
    Hi all, just wondering if the eBay seller luxuryontime is legit because i'm thinking of buying a couple Gucci watches, has anyone had experience buying from this seller before and if so how was it?

Here's a link to his store:
    http://stores.ebay.ca/luxuryontime?_rdc=1
    Low feedback count, some significant negatives and only a 97% positive are enough to warn me away. I get the sense from those negatives that the seller does not follow up on customer problems. Not what one would want with a dealer in grey market goods.

since the listings use stock photos so i'm sure i'll get a better idea after i see real photos.
    This alone is worrisome to me. If you've got 7 pages of listings, then you've got a business. If you've got a business, you can take photos of your inventory.

My feeling based on that and his feedback is that he's legit but cutting corners. A good transaction would likely be fine, but a bad transaction could get frustrating very quickly.

Thread Information