Ebel chronograph
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ebel chronograph

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ebel chronograph

The below Ebel is being offered to me at a pretty low price. Does dial look refinished? and what's the going price for these with original dial and all?

Thanks

Picture below
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Ebel chronograph

Not an expert on old Ebel by any stretch, but that is a pretty sketchy looking dial.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese 7-Day Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130 World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Did Ebel ever use such a plain logo/font? Even when they print it, it's usually in a somewhat fancier font I think - but I don't know old ones well.
    JP. likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

That one is giving me the 'willies'.
    Nokie likes this.

Calling Rick Denney, he'd know.

JP.

Ebels are known to be very finished and detailed watches. That dial looks a bit uncharacteristic for Ebel.

And I wonder about the plain font too.

Looks like one of those thin gold watches with the Landeron 48 movement in it that tourists used to buy when they visited Switzerland in the 1950's, and thought a gold Swiss watch was a suitable souvenir. Funny thing is, despite how thin the case and backs were, if they are not dinged up too bad they make nice looking vintage watches. The Landeron movement was no treasure, but they were simple and durable like an old tractor.
    The dial looks refinished to me.
    If it is an "onion skin" or "oil can" (extremely thin gold) case, and if it has a Landeron 48-family movement in it, whether it is signed Ebel on the movement or something else, I don't think demand or value is high.
    Is this vintage even in Rick's wheelhouse?

Time "hoping Rick Denney responds with his expertise" Exposure (see what I did there?)
    JP. and jcombs1 like this.

Bad redial. Move along.
    Aviron and JP. like this.
    Stowa 1938 | Speedy Pro 311 | Omega SMPc | 66 Omega SM | 65 Omega Cosmic | 54 Omega SM | 72 Speedy Mark II | 69 Tissot T.12 | 70 Tissot Super T.12 | 70 Seiko 6139 | 71 Seiko Yachtman | 77 Seiko Pogue | 70s Seiko Bullhead | 69 Bulova SK | Ventus Mori | Helm Khuraburi

Notice how the subdial on the left interferes with the minutes track, but the one on the right does not. They aren't centered. Sloppy work. Also look at how the minutes sometimes cross over onto the numbers marking the hours. The "60" is the worst, but "10" and "25" are bad too. Looks drawn with a magic marker. Its a mess.
    JP. and dbostedo like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information