EBEL Movement Question

Thread: EBEL Movement Question

EBEL Movement Question

Guys, I am receiving an EBEL watch soon...it has a caliber # of 304...I have googled it to try to determine if it is an inhouse movement or a modified ETA movement...I have not had any luck so far...I was wondering if someone can help me determine what the 304 caliber is...I thank everyone in advance....Chuck:thanks

stuffler,mike

Re: EBEL Movement Question

kaliber 304 = Soprod 9090
    Caliber base: ETA 2892-As

Thanx so much MIke!!!...how did you do that so fast??...BTW, just a little disappointed it isn't an inhouse movement...:thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've got one of these, which has, what's described as, an Ebel calibre 137.........which as far as I know, is a modified/tweaked/enhanced...whatever you wanna call it....7750?!!

I did query the salesperson in The AD I bought it from, and they were adamant it was an 'inhouse' Ebel movement!!

stuffler,mike

About the Ebel 137:

The entire development and construction of Caliber 137 was done 100% by Ebel and five years were needed to finalize the development and proceed to production of Caliber 137 which was launched for the very first time in 1995 and housed within the 1911 line under the name Modulor: The 1911 Chronograph was born. It is worth mentioning that Ebel integrated a very important and innovative function in this movement: the bidirectional winding of the movement (nicknamed “magic clicks”).

This new Caliber was officially launched at a press conference at the Hardhof Hotel (owned by Ebel at that time) during the Basel Fair in 1995.

The watch you posted does not look like housing a 137 ! It does not even look like a 1911 BTR. Qua dial it looks like a 7750. IIRC yours is a 1911 Discovery. Those had the 7750.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by stuffler,mike; November 24th, 2009 at 00:26.

Yes, mine is a 1911 Discovery, and I just double checked on the Ebel site as I thought it said the calibre was a 137, but I looked at the wrong bit :oops: and it's an Ebel calibre '750'.....so yes, basically, a 7750!!

Thread Information