Ebel Tarawa

Thread: Ebel Tarawa

Ebel Tarawa

Hello

Does anyone know if this EBEL watch is discontinued. I don't see it on there website anymore. I seen this watch at a local AD and it was for a good price. Thinking of taking the plunge. I know about the brand but I feel not too many people take them seriously as they are with Movado. I am not bashing Movado by the way..

stuffler,mike

Re: Ebel Tarawa

Not my cup to tea. Currently available on a lot of web sites for great discounts, up to 60% to save.

I love mine, and you're right they've been discontinued. The fit and finish stand up to almost any brand and the movement has a great finish. The faceted crystal alone makes it worth owning (IMO). It's one of my very favorites.

I've yet to find anyone in person who has seen mine and not raved about it.

Kurt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If the price is right, I don't see why not -- there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with their movements, and if you like the fit and finish, you have an AD to back it up. The main thing that turns me away from Ebel is that I could get other stuff at a similar price, but if I got a good deal, I would definitely consider them, and the pieces I handled in store seemed quality.

One of my favorite Ebel lines. Not run of the mill looking, but my main
    concern would be the strap. Most likely your'll have to go OEM or custom and Ebel straps are not cheap.

I Love the TARAWA. I tried one on awhile ago. A very impressive watch.
    A liitle out of my price range, but man what a watch.
    EBEL has always made high quality stuff, it's a shame they don't get the respect they deserve from WIS.
    Last edited by cbeeches; March 16th, 2008 at 00:50. Reason: dawn is breaking everywhere

New York City: "The city that never sleeps". If it got some sleep, it wouldn't look so crappy!

I agree that Ebel isn't getting the respect it deserves, especially considering the inhouse movements and outstanding designs they've been coming out with lately. Though Movado is the most famous brand in the Movado Group, I think Ebel and Concord far surpass Movado in quality and value. Ebel could now really be considered the premier brand in the Movado Group.
    The best watch is the one that makes you happiest... and tells the time.

Banned

My dad (76) got a gold Ebel from us on his 60 th birthday. He loves it. It has run faultlessly all those years. It is a model where the movement (quarts, unfortunately) is inserted thru the front, no case back! I too think they are undervalued.

I looked at the watch again and fell in love with it and I decided to purchase it. I think it's great. I love the shape and feel of it. I'm not too crazy on the strap and the way it buckles but I guess I can get used to it. Maybe I'll change the strap but for now I will enjoy my latest acquisition and welcome him to the rest of my family. I can't post pictures because my digital camera is all messed up. I'm getting a new one in the next few weeks. I will try to post some along with the rest of my collection.

Question Re: Ebel Tarawa

This watch utilizes an in house movement, or some form of modified eta?
    Regards.

Current Rotation: breitling cockpit -oris TT1 date black -seiko skx781 "orange monster" -seiko snm035 "landmonster" -citizen Promaster Titanium Eco-Drive 300m BJ8041-09E "ecozilla" -citizen ecodrive professional titanium BN0016-55L, blue dial "orca" -getat 44mm sterile rose gold luminor-style manual wind -getat 44mm sterile PVD orange "numbrels" manual wind --invictas: 8926c,8928ob,3712, 6410, 6024, 6924, 6926, 6927

Thread Information