Ebel watch movement mystery.

Thread: Ebel watch movement mystery.

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7

    Question Ebel watch movement mystery.

    I have what I think is the Ebel movement #172 inside my model 1911 Ebel mens midsize watch. I am hopeing to confirm this with some help from all you fine watch experts.
    Right or wrong ??? I think this is actually an ETA movement " Enhanced By Ebel: thus making it a 25 jewel movement. My watch is a time only model with the calendar window at the 3:00 position. I am qurious as to the actual quality of this movement and what other watches it may be found in. I would really love to see a photo of this movement if anyone knows where I can look to find a photo I would appreciate it. The watch was purchased in 1993 or 1994 and the exact reference number is 1093902/1260.
    Thank you in advence,
    Lou

  2. #2
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    The Ebel Lichine Automatic is ftted with an Ebel cal. 172 which is a modified ETA 2671, Decorated with perlage and "Cotes de Genčve" ( Geneva stripes). Try to google and you´ll find a pic for sure.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4

    Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    Mike, Can you tell me what movement and information on that movement, is in the Ebel 1911 Gents automatic Chronometer, 38mm size? What years were they made?
    thanks

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    Quote Originally Posted by palatinedds View Post
    Mike, Can you tell me what movement and information on that movement, is in the Ebel 1911 Gents automatic Chronometer, 38mm size? What years were they made?
    thanks
    Lemania 1350 (Ebel 137) if it is the one in the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  6. #5
    Member ivan1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana,USA
    Posts
    338

    Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisb View Post
    I have what I think is the Ebel movement #172 inside my model 1911 Ebel mens midsize watch. I am hopeing to confirm this with some help from all you fine watch experts.
    Right or wrong ??? I think this is actually an ETA movement " Enhanced By Ebel: thus making it a 25 jewel movement. My watch is a time only model with the calendar window at the 3:00 position. I am qurious as to the actual quality of this movement and what other watches it may be found in. I would really love to see a photo of this movement if anyone knows where I can look to find a photo I would appreciate it. The watch was purchased in 1993 or 1994 and the exact reference number is 1093902/1260.
    Thank you in advence,
    Lou
    Do you Have pic's?

  7. #6
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    You posted to an inquiry of 2006 !

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4

    Lightbulb Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    Mike,

    The watch that I am referencing is not a chronograph. As I am new to this world of watches I will do my best to describe it. Ebel 1911 Gents automatic certified chronometer, model number 1215670, 39 mm case.
    Thanks again for your time and info!:thanks

  9. #8
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    Quote Originally Posted by palatinedds View Post
    Mike,

    The watch that I am referencing is not a chronograph. As I am new to this world of watches I will do my best to describe it. Ebel 1911 Gents automatic certified chronometer, model number 1215670, 39 mm case.
    Thanks again for your time and info!:thanks
    My guess: ETA 2892-2 COSC. (Couldn´t find any source to confirm).

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4

    Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

    Thanks man!

Similar Threads

  1. Chinese watch industry links
    By Chascomm in forum Articles
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: June 26th, 2019, 00:27
  2. Ebel watch mystery. Please help
    By Louisb in forum Public Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 11th, 2006, 19:08
  3. Watch movement information . PLEASE HELP
    By Louisb in forum Public Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 5th, 2006, 14:57
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 10th, 2006, 17:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •