Ebel watch movement mystery.

Thread: Ebel watch movement mystery.

Question Ebel watch movement mystery.

I have what I think is the Ebel movement #172 inside my model 1911 Ebel mens midsize watch. I am hopeing to confirm this with some help from all you fine watch experts.
    Right or wrong ??? I think this is actually an ETA movement " Enhanced By Ebel: thus making it a 25 jewel movement. My watch is a time only model with the calendar window at the 3:00 position. I am qurious as to the actual quality of this movement and what other watches it may be found in. I would really love to see a photo of this movement if anyone knows where I can look to find a photo I would appreciate it. The watch was purchased in 1993 or 1994 and the exact reference number is 1093902/1260.
    Thank you in advence,
    Lou

stuffler,mike

Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

The Ebel Lichine Automatic is ftted with an Ebel cal. 172 which is a modified ETA 2671, Decorated with perlage and "Cotes de Genčve" ( Geneva stripes). Try to google and you´ll find a pic for sure.

Mike, Can you tell me what movement and information on that movement, is in the Ebel 1911 Gents automatic Chronometer, 38mm size? What years were they made?
    thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by palatinedds View Post
    Mike, Can you tell me what movement and information on that movement, is in the Ebel 1911 Gents automatic Chronometer, 38mm size? What years were they made?
    thanks
    Lemania 1350 (Ebel 137) if it is the one in the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Louisb View Post
    I have what I think is the Ebel movement #172 inside my model 1911 Ebel mens midsize watch. I am hopeing to confirm this with some help from all you fine watch experts.
    Right or wrong ??? I think this is actually an ETA movement " Enhanced By Ebel: thus making it a 25 jewel movement. My watch is a time only model with the calendar window at the 3:00 position. I am qurious as to the actual quality of this movement and what other watches it may be found in. I would really love to see a photo of this movement if anyone knows where I can look to find a photo I would appreciate it. The watch was purchased in 1993 or 1994 and the exact reference number is 1093902/1260.
    Thank you in advence,
    Lou
    Do you Have pic's?

stuffler,mike

You posted to an inquiry of 2006 !

Lightbulb Re: Ebel watch movement mystery.

Mike,

The watch that I am referencing is not a chronograph. As I am new to this world of watches I will do my best to describe it. Ebel 1911 Gents automatic certified chronometer, model number 1215670, 39 mm case.
    Thanks again for your time and info!:thanks

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by palatinedds View Post
    Mike,

The watch that I am referencing is not a chronograph. As I am new to this world of watches I will do my best to describe it. Ebel 1911 Gents automatic certified chronometer, model number 1215670, 39 mm case.
    Thanks again for your time and info!:thanks
    My guess: ETA 2892-2 COSC. (Couldn´t find any source to confirm).

Thanks man!