Edox and Maurice LaCroix

Thread: Edox and Maurice LaCroix

Edox and Maurice LaCroix

Edox makes several watches I really like, but I don't hear much about them. Are they a brand that's more popular in Europe? Where do they fall in the hierarchy of watches, and what brands fall in about the same reputation?

As far as Maurice LaCroix, I have the same questions.

I have an Edox day/date auto on the way with a silver guilloche dial and Roman numerals (purchased from the sales forum) and I have a Maurice Lacroix silver dial rectangular auto with the day and date.

I guess I'm just curious about other people's thoughts and opinions about them. As for me, obviously I like them...

Re: Edox and Maurice LaCroix

My guess is they're in the same ballpark as Revue Thommen and Frederique Constant.

Edox Hydrosub seems to be getting more attention.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Maurice Lacroix has been working to move more upmarket and has been making lots of very interesting higher end watches and more and more in-house movements. While they may compete at the lower end with FC, RT, and Edox, I think they're also trying to go much higher end than those three.

Check out this thread : https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/13-h...x-1018866.html
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Great info! It's my understanding that my Pontos has a modified SW200 (or is it SW300?). Some of their true in-house stuff is very interesting!

Edox makes some interesting watches but my belief is that ML is higher up the food chain. The cases and movements are better finished IMO and ML is moving upmarket with manufacture movements and additional complications. ML does have a few entry level quartz pieces which probably lower its status in the eyes of some...but I would put their midrange models (Pontos) up against watches costing 2-3x as much.

NM

Thread Information