WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Edox vs Tissot vs Victorinox?

22K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  EamonnTheGreat 
#1 ·
Would like to get a swiss watch for around $600. What are the differences you know about those brands and do you have any other ones to suggest

#2 ·
What are you looking for in a watch? What about those brands--and more specifically, their models--appeals to you?? If you just want general information on the brands, just search for it on the forum.

#3 ·
Edox Les Vauberts 85011-3B-AIN Men's Watch , watches

this was onsale for 511 last week, I am in no rush to get one since graduation is still a month and a half away so I can potentially wait for the price on this to drop again. I really like the minimalist style watch face, it reminded me of the Movado that I wanted, but people told me to try to look for an automatic since Movados are quarts for the most part. The open heart on this is just a plus, looks really nice imo

#12 ·
Victorinox feels like a more rugged brand to me, and Tissot feels more stylish but this is just my opinion :)

The Tissot T tempo is pretty nice http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-mens-watch-t0604071105100.html?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleproductsearch&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=(ROI)+Shopping+-+Sale+Watches+$100+-+500&gclid=Cj0KEQjwz-i3BRDtn53Z5Z7t4PUBEiQA23q2ABTDu8fHOrY_SWuHjhP-gUK-JHHuPpD1egBUEQ9mmUoaAgWY8P8HAQ

#14 ·
i think i might just go with the edox since I like the look of it. I think if you are not into watches all that much, you probably haven't heard of Tissot or Victorinox. IDK why but I was kind of worrying of people asking me what brand my watch is, but then I realized that it doesnt really matter

#15 ·
For $600, based on the current state of some brands on GM markets, you can do a lot better than Tissot, Edox and Victorinox IMO. Around that price, try Maurice Lacroix, Raymond Weil, Eterna, Frederique Constant, Alpina, Armand Nicolet, Oris, Mido, Rado, Revue Thommen.

#16 ·
Victorinox makes good Swiss army knives. :)

I prefer Tissot but that's purely my bias towards history. I agree that they all three should be fairly equal in quality.

By the way, Movado also has a nice, long history and you can find automatic Movados. If you like them, give them a look, too. They are equivalent to the others in the same price range.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I should pick the Victorinox, it sounds terrible, like a knife :-x

Reactions: rfortson
#27 ·
I've had all 3. Again, look at the GM dealers. There are bands that will give you better bang for the buck at $600. Hell, I've even seen the FC in houses for around ~700-800 after coupons and cashback. If you are really fixed on those 3, I can say that Edox are great watches, great quality and well built. Victorinox as well, I hold them in great regard but they are just more rugged and casual compared to Edox being more dressy and elegant. It depends on your style and what you are looking for in terms of deciding between the two. Tissot, I would consider them a tier below. I have nothing against them, I just think that Edox and Victorinox are better.

#31 ·
I'm in the 'check out Oris and Hamilton' camp as well, all are good brands, each with their own respective merits. They compete so closely that it comes down to personal preference in terms of design, features and so forth. Really you can't go wrong with any of the brands mentioned. Good luck and happy watch hunting!

#34 ·
Victorinox all the way. I have said this before and so have other people who have them. They are way underrated and the prices are not inflated. I have never owned a tissot, and never wanted to. I have tried them on and something about them always feels cheap. I tried on the sea star a few years back, and it the quality and feel it gave off felt like it should have been priced hundreds cheaper. Edox is not big in the USA,but I have heard of them and seen em. I don't think they get much respect because they are always selling for less than half of their retail. It's common to see to an Edox sell for $800 that has a retail of $2700 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
What kind of watch do you want? I've had both VSA and Tissot watches, and frankly VSA offers a bit more bang for the buck (they have to, because Tissot is the more prestigious brand) with slightly better built models and slightly superior finish and detailed/complex dials. If you plan to resell in the future, in my experience VSAs just drop in value and don't have a strong second hand market. I don't know about Tissots in that regard.

If you want a racing inspired watch, then Tissot offers the nicest models with the PRS 516 line.

If you want a casual general purpose watch, VSA all the way. Their military style watches are very nice, and my Alpnach chrono offers lots of value and can be found new for the $600 you want to spend. IMO, you just can't find a better watch than this one at that price.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Strap

#37 ·
Isn't this thread just pretty much the same as the other one your started?

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=3054994

You could have just made one single thread, Edox vs Tissot vs Hamilton vs Victorinox. And probably the truth is that the quality of the Tissots, Hamiltons, and Victorinox will all broadly be pretty similar. Maybe you might find the Hammy's a little better looking but it's personal preference, they all have models that occupy similar places in the market. Just go for whichever model from them you like the look of and the price of the best. As for Edox I've never really looked at them myself but I know you can find them with some pretty decent discounts if you look around online. Check out the 'Heads Up I Found A Bargain' thread to keep up with some good deals, you'll also find some nice offers on some Victorinox models as well sometimes.

#40 · (Edited)
Suggest Edox for me... Great quality for the price... But well it depends on the model you wanna buy. Tissot is more classy with some sport models, Edox definitely more sporty and Victorinox should be in between the two. Personally have a PRS 516 from Tissot but some Hydro sub and GMT Worldtimer from Edox... Happy with all of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.