Electronic Arts "Medal of Honor" in game watches

Thread: Electronic Arts "Medal of Honor" in game watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Electronic Arts "Medal of Honor" in game watches

Hi Guys,
    Happy Christmas to everyone on WUS. One of my buddies got me the new Medal of Honor game by Electronic arts. Anyway the kit in the game is very realistic so I said Id keep an eye out for the timepieces in the game and I got some screen shots that I though people might like to see. Also I remember someone else asking a question on a forum regarding this game and people got annoyed and were responding with statements regarding war not being a game. Just to clarify I in no way mean to disrespect the military or its members with this post, nor do I believe war to be a game. Quite the opposite I have tremendous respect for the military. This post is meant as a simple and informative post with some interesting shots of time pieces I came across in game nothing more than that. Now that that's clear, its time for some pics. Happy Christmas again to everyone on WUS.

I wanted to leave the files as 1024X768 so you could get a good look so I have included links instead of thumbs as the WUS system would not let me upload them at full size.

1. I think this is a g-shock dw-9052. Its definitely a g-shock anyway you can even make out the g-shock at the top of the watch. Image 1

2. Some might say I'm reaching a bit but I think one of the designers was a Luminox fan like me. The ranger is wearing a p6500 style watch like the sandy, traser and luminox models. I think it a luminox as if you look closely you can see there is an emblem in the same area that the luminox shield is on their watches. Also the watch has a blue face like those offered by traser and luminox. Image 2

3. I'm not sure what model this one is, looks like a Gshock to me too though. I assume its a real life model given the amazing lengths the game goes to for authenticity. You can even read brand names on the gloves. Lots of work put in indeed. Image 3

Hope ye found it interesting, it was a bit of fun finding them in the game.
    Cheers,
    Barry.
    Last edited by jiraiya; December 26th, 2010 at 21:35.

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Re: Electronic Arts "Medal of Honor" in game watches

I found it funny you played through the game looking at the watches. I don't think I've ever done that. I will have try with the Bond games. I wonder if I will see any Omega's or Rolex's?
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

#2 looks like the vietnam era walthams to me. Also, I find it strange anyone would have an issue with a video game. Military guys probably make up half the customers that buy these types of games. Could definitely see someone with ptsd issues not being able to handle them though.
    Name:  B107_Ham_1.JPG
Views: 1207
Size:  77.5 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey matlt
    Thanks for the picture, you could indeed be right about that. Ya I'd say the games are popular alright. I just wanted to be sure that no one was insulted from the start becuse I was on a forum lately(can't remember if it was here or from a google search) where some people got a bit upset over questions on medal of honor, so to make sure that everyone knew that it was just questions about watches from the beginning I said I'd better clarify it. Thanks again for the info. Have a good one.
    Cheers,
    Barry.

#2 could easily be a Luminox inspired piece too.

The only one i think is clear cut is #1 as a G
    Ω SMP 300M 2220.80 • Hamilton H78465553 • Helm Vanuatu 01AR1 • Laco Aachen • Vintage Seiko 5 6309-8239 • G-Shock GW7900B-1 • G-Shock MTG900 • DTW LE Chrono

True Grail : A. Lange & Söhne Zeitwerk

Picture 3 looks like my old Timex expedition!
    Buy the seller! "Trust but Verify" quote- Ronald Reagan....

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    I found it funny you played through the game looking at the watches. I don't think I've ever done that. I will have try with the Bond games. I wonder if I will see any Omega's or Rolex's?
    Bond is wearing the same Planet Ocean 2201.50 in the new game Blood Stone as he wore in Quantum of Solace...

Quote Originally Posted by matlt View Post
    #2 looks like the vietnam era walthams to me. Also, I find it strange anyone would have an issue with a video game. Military guys probably make up half the customers that buy these types of games. Could definitely see someone with ptsd issues not being able to handle them though.
    A book entitled "On Killing" (about teaching soldiers to kill) has some interesting things to say about the usefulness of these games for teaching people to kill.

Anyway, I have a hard time getting excited about cartoon watches. I saw a jeep commercial where they bragged about it being in some game or another. It's a cartoon. A Yugo could be used just as well.
    Praise without end for the go ahead zeal
    Of whoever it was invented the wheel;
    But never a word for the poor soul's sake
    That thought ahead, and invented the brake

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hooyah22 View Post
    Bond is wearing the same Planet Ocean 2201.50 in the new game Blood Stone as he wore in Quantum of Solace...
    That's hilarious. Thanks for the picture.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

OzO

Here's snap from the old 007 Goldeneye game from the Nintendo 64

Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast