EMS Shipping
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kew

Thread: EMS Shipping

EMS Shipping

Just ordered my first watch direct from Europe. The seller is shipping via EMS. I've never done that before. Does anyone have any experience with EMS? About how long does a package take to get to the east coast of the states? Is it delivered locally by EMS, or a carrier like USPS? Does EMS tracking work pretty well?

Thanks in advance for any answers any of you may provide.
    Ω 3570.50, Ω SM300, Ω 3221.30, Ω 2538.20.00, Ω 186.010, Ω 176.012,
    Ω 198.005, Ω 135.011

lvt

Re: EMS Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by ehutch01 View Post
    Just ordered my first watch direct from Europe. The seller is shipping via EMS. I've never done that before. Does anyone have any experience with EMS? About how long does a package take to get to the east coast of the states? Is it delivered locally by EMS, or a carrier like USPS? Does EMS tracking work pretty well?

Thanks in advance for any answers any of you may provide.

I used EMS a dozen times in the past (send & receive) and I can only say good about them, it's the main carrier in many Asian countries (Japan, Taiwan, Hongkong...) where E-commerce thrives. If you are in the US you can track EMS using USPS online tracking tool as they cooperate.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I agree, EMS is good. When it gets to the US it will go to the USPS. My guess - it will take about a week.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you fellas! Hopefully I'll get it in time for Christmas.
    Ω 3570.50, Ω SM300, Ω 3221.30, Ω 2538.20.00, Ω 186.010, Ω 176.012,
    Ω 198.005, Ω 135.011

My experience with EMS has always been positive; I have had items shipped to me from Asia and Europe with no issues. Congrats on your new watch.
    "Using no way as way, having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

my experience with EMS is not so good. i wasnt sure if i should post this as i know that it will probably just make the OP worry but i think it should be said. just last week i received a package from Romania to Australia from EMS, 3 items should have been in it but one was stolen. a Triton Spirotechnique watch costing $3000, the other 2 items were of a much lesser value. someone had sliced the end of the box and taken the watch out of its packaging then taped the end in a tape of different colour. you can imaging how my heart sunk when i realised what happened. i still think about the loss every day and get quite angry at the thought of the person doing that, you see i have been looking for a watch in this immaculate condition for a long time. Anyway, the seller has filed a claim and tomorrow i will also try lodge an inquiry of some sort in the hope that i get some money back or that the watch and perpetrator are miraculously found.

Motto.... buy insurance

kew

Reading this thread, it would appear some think EMS is a company that moves parcels around the world. It isn't. EMS stands for "Express Mail Service". EMS is an international postal Express Mail Service, for documents and merchandise, offered by postal operators. It can often be given a different name (for example it is known as ECI - Express Courier International in Australia) but it is still an EMS service. More about it here What is EMS? | EMS - Express Mail Service

T
    he USPS offers two EMS categories, one is simply called Express Mail International and the other is called Global Express.
    Last edited by kew; December 8th, 2011 at 14:54.
    Nathan

thanks Kew, i had no idea it was structured like that. it make it a lot easier knowing i just have to contact Aussie Post regarding my matter.

kew

Quote Originally Posted by mickygee67 View Post
    my experience with EMS is not so good. i wasnt sure if i should post this as i know that it will probably just make the OP worry but i think it should be said. just last week i received a package from Romania to Australia from EMS, 3 items should have been in it but one was stolen. a Triton Spirotechnique watch costing $3000, the other 2 items were of a much lesser value. someone had sliced the end of the box and taken the watch out of its packaging then taped the end in a tape of different colour. you can imaging how my heart sunk when i realised what happened. i still think about the loss every day and get quite angry at the thought of the person doing that, you see i have been looking for a watch in this immaculate condition for a long time. Anyway, the seller has filed a claim and tomorrow i will also try lodge an inquiry of some sort in the hope that i get some money back or that the watch and perpetrator are miraculously found.

Motto.... buy insurance
    Your experience is a nightmare. Very sorry to hear about that. It amazes me that one needs to pay insurance to ensure something that is suppose to be done, is done (that the parcel is delivered intact). It's like jumping in a taxi and being asked for a fee to cover insurance in case the driver does not take you to your destination.
    Last edited by kew; December 9th, 2011 at 11:12.
    yrehedaj likes this.
    Nathan

So OP did you received your watch safely? I hope you do. I have nothing but good experience using USPS EMS International. It reached me in 5-7 days max from USA to Accra,Ghana. Same thing goes for Europe to Accra as well. Also the tracking experience was also good as all updates can be checked through my local post office websites.

But my recent purchase seems to bother me quite a bit. Shipment made on the 4th Jan 2012 and no updates on the USPS site were made.

Thread Information