Enicar, time for service or leave alone?

Thread: Enicar, time for service or leave alone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enicar, time for service or leave alone?

Hi,

First post on an excellent site.
    I have a 2006 Enicar Auto which has never stopped or missed a beat since purchased, its been fantastic.
    Question is; do these movements need regular servicing, or as it's working fine do i leave alone?

Enicar Record Shot by L series Canon, on Flickr

Also, i have the urge for another new Enicar, can anyone tell me where i can buy in the UK or Europe?
    I have mailed Enicar direct looking for assistance but not had any response.

Thanks

Mark

Re: Enicar, time for service or leave alone?

Welcome to WUS and the Enicar Owners Club! I really like the day & date display on your watch. If it is maintaining the accuracy it had when new of say 10 seconds per day and has a power reserve of at least 40 hours and the crown functions operate as they should then I would say it doesn't need a service. On many watches the accuracy will have declined and the power reserve shortened some after 8 years.

I believe Enicar is marketed mostly in Asia so you may want to check with dealers there. Higuchi has an excellent reputation here on WUS and may be of some assistance.
    Last edited by John MS; January 9th, 2014 at 17:56.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Welcome to WUS and the Enicar Owners Club! I really like the day & date display on your watch. If it is maintaining the accuracy it had when new of say 10 seconds per day and has a power reserve of at least 40 hours and the crown functions operate as they should then I would say it doesn't need a service. On many watches the accuracy will have declined and the power reserve shortened some after 8 years.

I believe Enicar is marketed mostly in Asia so you may want to check with dealers there. Higuchi has an excellent reputation here on WUS and may be of some assistance.
    Thank You!
    It keeps time perfectly and apart from the clasp popping open of its own accord i can't fault it, i'm maybe better just leaving it alone.
    I have found the Higuchi website and will mail them, you wouldn't think it would be so difficult to buy a new watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Keep in mind, servicing is maintaining.

Yeah...Think of it like your car...Change the engine oil....Wait for the engine to make funny sounds?
    Basically same with your watch, minus the funny sounds.....IMHO
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiuser View Post
    Thank You!
    It keeps time perfectly and apart from the clasp popping open of its own accord i can't fault it, i'm maybe better just leaving it alone.
    I have found the Higuchi website and will mail them, you wouldn't think it would be so difficult to buy a new watch.
    I doubt that it is keeping time perfectly as none of mine do. Because it is running on lubricants that are 8 years old and thicker than when new I would suggest that you conduct a serious two part test. Set the watch to the second using time.gov Then just wear the watch as usual for a full week with no hand winding and check the time again to the second. Divide the error by 7 and I suspect the error will be something around 20 seconds per day or higher. Next note the time on the watch and just set the watch on your dresser and let it run down to stop. Ideally it will take 40 hours to run down but it will probably be closer to 30 hours. If you don't want to do the check then I would have the watch serviced.

pmwf.com has one modern Enicar watch for sale. You might contact them and ask about other models.
    Last edited by John MS; January 9th, 2014 at 19:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiuser View Post
    Thank You!
    Do bear in mind, accuracy has relatively little to do with service intervals. It's mostly about reducing wear on the components. A watch that seems to run fine may be in very poor shape inside, and when it does finally stop working properly, it may be a big, expensive job to get it running again, requiring lots of new parts.

I recommend reading
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/how...ew-789280.html

One of the best perspectives I've seen on this issue.

Only you can decide to join the 5 year service or the "if it ain't bust don't fix it" club.

Only you can decide to join the 5 year service or the "if it ain't bust don't fix it" club.
    Yup.

If you plan on keeping it a while longer, then certainly down the road you will want to have it serviced at some point.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    I doubt that it is keeping time perfectly as none of mine do. Because it is running on lubricants that are 8 years old and thicker than when new I would suggest that you conduct a serious two part test. Set the watch to the second using time.gov Then just wear the watch as usual for a full week with no hand winding and check the time again to the second. Divide the error by 7 and I suspect the error will be something around 20 seconds per day or higher. Next note the time on the watch and just set the watch on your dresser and let it run down to stop. Ideally it will take 40 hours to run down but it will probably be closer to 30 hours. If you don't want to do the check then I would have the watch serviced.

pmwf.com has one modern Enicar watch for sale. You might contact them and ask about other models.
    "Perfectly" probably wasn't the best choice of word to use, maybe should have said it has been running reliably since day one?
    I have no idea of its accuracy but that's a great suggestion regarding the two part test, i will give it a go and see how it turns out.

Ive already mailed pmwf.com as this is where my watch came from originally, just waiting for a reply.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information