ETA 251.262 (Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver) faulty chronograph? Help needed.

Thread: ETA 251.262 (Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver) faulty chronograph? Help needed.

ETA 251.262 (Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver) faulty chronograph? Help needed.

I've bought unworn Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver watch and need some help: watch is running, but chronograph doesn't response to push buttons, it does nothing. When crown is in position 0 or 1, chronograph hour and 1/10 hands are not zeroed (1st picture), when crown is set to position 2 (or 3), hands move quickly to new positions (2nd picture) and vice versa. I can't set the counters to zero according to the manual, no response to the push buttons in either crown position, no chronograph start/stop/zero function. Is that something wrong with the watch or am I missing something or the watch should be "reset" (battery removed and insert back)? For the moment I haven't got watch case opener, so haven't tried to open the watch. Is it possible, that battery is weak? The watch is ca. 1.5 years old. Thanks for advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: ETA 251.262 (Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver) faulty chronograph? Help needed.

I'd try a new battery first. Also, they made some of these in a LE of 999 pieces that had the ETA 251.232 TC movement in them. You might want to check this out. I'm not sure that ML made a COSC quartz chrono with 251.262, but I have certainly been wrong before. Could possibly need a new circuit board ($35 if 251.262) or a complete movement replacement. I'm betting on the battery.

Re: ETA 251.262 (Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver) faulty chronograph? Help needed.

Thanks. There was included ETA 251.262 manual with it, so that's why I supposed that movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good news, I sort it out! I pressed the push-buttons too gently, I should have to pushed them much "harder" until "click" was felt and the chronograph start working! Once I got "know-how" it wasn't any problem to set the counter hands to zero one-by-one. So far so good!
    This is my first chronograph watch and first HEQ watch at all, so still learning...

Thread Information