ETA 2824 in a 33mm case (Edox Grand Ocean Open Vision)
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ETA 2824 in a 33mm case (Edox Grand Ocean Open Vision)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question ETA 2824 in a 33mm case (Edox Grand Ocean Open Vision)

I like this watch, but I think the size of the case is too small for an ETA 2824 movement at 33 mm. I have checked various sellers and they all list it as 32 or 33mm.

Thoughts?

Edox | Grand Ocean Open Vision Automatic | Steel PVD coated | Watch database watchtime.com

Name:  91_edox_grand_ocean_open_vision.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  42.9 KB

Re: ETA 2824 in a 33mm case (Edox Grand Ocean Open Vision)

The Bruno Sohnle "Stellina" is 33.8 mm and is so popular that they keep adding new models to the line. It uses the SW 200 Sellita movement modified in the B.Sohnle factory and is essential the same as an ETA 2824. Many people prefer this smaller size to the giants on the market now.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere else View Post
    The Bruno Sohnle "Stellina" is 33.8 mm and is so popular that they keep adding new models to the line. It uses the SW 200 Sellita movement modified in the B.Sohnle factory and is essential the same as an ETA 2824. Many people prefer this smaller size to the giants on the market now.
    I looked it up. That's a nice looking watch and the dimensions are quoted similar to the Edox 33x11. It also lists it as a "ladies" watch, but the Edox is a men's watch. I am just wondering if this is either mistakenly listed as a men's watch or listed size is wrong.
    RON in PA likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Based on the position of the balance wheel, I would say that their measurement of 33mm is totally correct. The 2824 isn't that big (IIRC 25mm?) and the balance wheel is at the outside edge of the movement. That leaves about 4mm of case on either side, which looks proportionally correct.
    Cheers,
    Mike

Love to see a watch built around the movement like this, no spacer rings needed. Beautiful.

More than possible. From my copy of the ETA 2824-2 Manufacturing Information sheet (IH 2824-2 FDE 478720 10):

2. Dimensions in mm
    Overall diameter 26.00
    Case fitting diameter 25.60
    Overall movement height 4.60
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro66 View Post
    I looked it up. That's a nice looking watch and the dimensions are quoted similar to the Edox 33x11. It also lists it as a "ladies" watch, but the Edox is a men's watch. I am just wondering if this is either mistakenly listed as a men's watch or listed size is wrong.
    No, this is definitely a mistake. the watch was designed from the first for the Asian market as a man's watch. It is 10 ATM watch resistant and has a sapphire crystal and screw crown. What ladies watches has that?

Looks better than this though, right?

It's the one thing I dislike about this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere else View Post
    No, this is definitely a mistake. the watch was designed from the first for the Asian market as a man's watch. It is 10 ATM watch resistant and has a sapphire crystal and screw crown. What ladies watches has that?
    Um, the entire Ball ladies collection? TAG Aquaracer ladies? Rolex? The list goes on and on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro66 View Post
    I like this watch, but I think the size of the case is too small for an ETA 2824 movement at 33 mm. I have checked various sellers and they all list it as 32 or 33mm.

Thoughts?

Edox | Grand Ocean Open Vision Automatic | Steel PVD coated | Watch database watchtime.com
    I think it looks good and the movement fits the case just fine. Good to see they left the date wheel off. Does it have a display back?
    Last edited by John MS; October 28th, 2013 at 14:34.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information