ETA G15.211 (Zodiac Ambasseduer ZO4102): Resetting misaligned chronograph hands after battery change

Thread: ETA G15.211 (Zodiac Ambasseduer ZO4102): Resetting misaligned chronograph hands after battery change

ETA G15.211 (Zodiac Ambasseduer ZO4102): Resetting misaligned chronograph hands after battery change

Anyone who's changed a battery in a quartz chronograph knows that the ticking hand does not mean the job is done. The chronograph hands may now be misaligned, particularly when the chronograph was active when the battery died/was removed.

Fret now, most watches can have the hands easily corrected by the use of either an AC "all clear" short on the movement or a series of button activations.

I had this problem with my Zodiac Ambasseduer ZO4102 which houses the very common ETA G15.211 (also used in Tissot, Rotary and many other watches).

The movement did not have any clearly labeled short/reset so I assumed there was a buttons sequence. If you have the manual you'll find instructions for this as well, sadly this was not 100% helpful.

The instructions state pull crown out all the way, press both chrono pushers at the same time holding for a few seconds then use button A (top) to correct the seconds hand, when done use button B (bottom) to move onto the next sub dial. Sadly, mine does not function in this way. For me button A (top) corrects main chronograph seconds, button B (bottom) does not switch to the next and allow A to correct the next dial, instead B independently corrects corrects the sub dial right (split seconds). Since there is no third button for the left sub dial (chrono min) it remains misaligned at +10m.

I've tried running the chrono to have the min correct then going into the reset mode but this either resets it OR fails to activate the reset mode with the chrono running.

Any ideas?

Even if not hope the above is at least help to someone.

Collection:

*Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Twin Time (WV2115)
    *Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (2503.33.00)
    *Vintage 1956 Junghans Chronometer Cal. 82/1 (682.73)

*Sunnto Core Lava Red Positive Dial (SS016788000
    )
    *Casio Super Illuminator (MDV102-7a)
    *Vintage 1983 Seiko SQ (6923-7009)

*Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos Cal 528-8 Mantle Clock

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Re: ETA G15.211 (Zodiac Ambasseduer ZO4102): Resetting misaligned chronograph hands after battery ch

Instructions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    familiaritas parit contemptum; raritate admiratione wins.- Lucius Apuleius
    est necessry, accurate ad secundo? - Lysander magna
    iustum est horologium - Obscurus Genius

Re: ETA G15.211 (Zodiac Ambasseduer ZO4102): Resetting misaligned chronograph hands after battery ch

You are a wealth of knowledge as always, Many thanks for your help!
    Collection:

*Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Twin Time (WV2115)
    *Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (2503.33.00)
    *Vintage 1956 Junghans Chronometer Cal. 82/1 (682.73)

*Sunnto Core Lava Red Positive Dial (SS016788000
    )
    *Casio Super Illuminator (MDV102-7a)
    *Vintage 1983 Seiko SQ (6923-7009)

*Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos Cal 528-8 Mantle Clock

Thread Information