Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow! - Page 11
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 194
  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    576

    Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    While I think the Eterna Kon Tiki has one of the most unhandsome dials in the word of watches, I'm glad smaller companies are pumping out more robust clasps and end link fitment better than vintage Rolexes. Just remember, a 1985 BMW 3 series has inferior build quality compared modern day base model Kia Optima. As technology advances, it becomes pretty easy for a modern watch to beat out a early 80s Rolex. It's all about context...:
    Last edited by lxxrr; September 30th, 2015 at 05:38.

  2. #102
    Member Urs Haenggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,074

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Of course it's better than Rolex, it goes down to the 1000 meter. Take it from someone who owns both brands and lot other cars. Yes the Subaru is awesome and better than my AMG GT S + Maybach S600 combined... when offroad.

    Attachment 5512841
    Attachment 5512849
    Attachment 5512857
    Attachment 5512865
    Attachment 5512873

    Do you own a watch that fits?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ring, Vlance, PeterTheFish and 1 others like this.
    Wings level. Cleared hot.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,143

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by lxxrr View Post
    Just remember, a 1985 BMW 3 series has inferior build quality compared modern day base model Kia Optima.
    I very much doubt that. The Kia possibly has some more soft-touch surfaces, but the BMW will have been better screwed-together than anything modern and disposable. It will run forever, can be fixed simply, and has more feel through the indicator stalk than the Kia has in its entire chassis. As a comfortable and temporary leased alternative to the bus, though, the Kia is better for most.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #104
    Member Ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by publandlord View Post
    I very much doubt that. The Kia possibly has some more soft-touch surfaces, but the BMW will have been better screwed-together than anything modern and disposable. It will run forever, can be fixed simply, and has more feel through the indicator stalk than the Kia has in its entire chassis. As a comfortable and temporary leased alternative to the bus, though, the Kia is better for most.
    Not that I care much for BMW especially the 3 series but I've had rental Kia's three times and I think they're flimsy death traps with ground affects that are inferior to paper mache ..... to each his own, I'd rather walk
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

    "When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

  6. #105
    Member Ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Urs Haenggi View Post
    Do you own a watch that fits?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha,ha,ha,ha .....
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

    "When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

  7. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    576

    Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by publandlord View Post
    I very much doubt that. The Kia possibly has some more soft-touch surfaces, but the BMW will have been better screwed-together than anything modern and disposable.
    I know, I own one and have spent a lot of time taking it apart. A new Kia Optima has better built quality. Higher quality materials, better finished pieces (front and back), better cut prices (no harsh edges, higher tolerances for fitment, more screws and brackets, less hollow prices in general. Then there's tremendous improvements in air conditioning design/performance, speakers, inside lighting, external lighting, etc. Will Kia car break down in a few years and become a lemon? Probably. Still the aesthetics show a modern cat may have a number improvements over a older luxury car, to the point where the older luxury car won't feel luxurious at all.

    Point being, check Rolex bracelets progression from the 60s on. With every decade their vast improvements. And link fitment, link spacing, clasp function/fit/materials, grade of steel, brushing and detailing, lug integration, Etc. it's expected that a $2000 watch can exceed a areoles 35+ year-old Rolex bracelet design.
    Last edited by lxxrr; September 30th, 2015 at 17:27.

  8. #107
    Member Ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,683

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by lxxrr View Post
    I know, I own one and have spent a lot of time taking it apart. A new Kia Optima has better built quality. Higher quality materials, better finished pieces (front and back), better cut prices (no harsh edges, higher tolerances for fitment, more screws and brackets, less hollow prices in general. Then there's tremendous improvements in air conditioning design/performance, speakers, inside lighting, external lighting, etc. Will Kia car break down in a few years and become a lemon? Probably. Still the aesthetics show a modern cat may have a number improvements over a older luxury car, to the point where the older luxury car won't feel luxurious at all.

    Well, there ya go, you answered your own question, they're built like junk But have a 10 year Warranty

    Point being, check Rolex bracelets progression from the 60s on. With every decade their vast improvements. And link fitment, link spacing, clasp function/fit/materials, grade of steel, brushing and detailing, lug integration, Etc. it's expected that a $2000 watch can exceed a areoles 35+ year-old Rolex bracelet design.
    I guess once someone is jealous of Rolex there is no turning back, huh!
    Last edited by Ring; September 30th, 2015 at 17:47.
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

    "When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

  9. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,798

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Two folks - Veda and NamVet banned in this thread in last day? I haven't been posting much and just reading lot but just wanted to understand if the rules got stricter or anything else changed or folks getting unruly too often?

  10. #109
    Member Legion681's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manno, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
    Two folks - Veda and NamVet banned in this thread in last day? I haven't been posting much and just reading lot but just wanted to understand if the rules got stricter or anything else changed or folks getting unruly too often?
    I haven't followed this thread, but there must have been posts that were deleted by mods, because I went through the whole thread to see what on earth happened but it seems as clean as a whistle, besides a little jousting here and there. I also see no posts by mods either... By using a phrase from the movie Aliens (hope I remember it OK): "whatever happened here, it's done. The place is dead"... :D
    Vlance and omeglycine like this.
    Jaeger Lecoultre Master Grande Ultra Thin Date, Bucherer Edition
    Rolex
    Sea Dweller 4000, ref 116600 / Datejust, ref 116234 / Milgauss, ref 116400
    Longines Conquest Heritage 1954-2014 (#13 of 60)
    Grand Seiko SBGA011 / SBGV005
    Seiko SBBN015
    Sinn 140 A (#087 of 500)
    + others...

  11. #110
    Member Vlance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    5,778

    Re: Eterna Kon Tiki Date, Wow, just Wow!

    Veda banned?? Oh no... That is just awful news

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Eterna Kon Tiki Date - Question
      By ds760476 in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: August 1st, 2014, 07:56
    2. WTB Eterna Kon Tiki or Super Kon Tiki Dive Watch
      By trgolf in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 4th, 2014, 15:02
    3. WTB Eterna Kon Tiki or Super Kon TIki Dive Watch
      By trgolf in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 1st, 2014, 14:29
    4. Eterna Kon Tiki Date
      By enzo1 in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: February 8th, 2012, 04:47
    5. Eterna Kon Tiki
      By Adam S in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: December 20th, 2011, 03:27

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •