Eterna Watches

Thread: Eterna Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eterna Watches

Does anyone know of a good place to buy Eterna watches? US ADs? Websites? watchuseek.com sponsors?

Re: Eterna Watches

I've been seeing a lot of them at T.J. Maxx lately, one specific diver (?) in quartz and auto. The auto went for around $600 if I remember correctly.

When Markus was at Silvermajic, that was the place. Now, check out
    chrono24.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are no US AD's. Eterna hasn't been in the US for a couple (few?) years now. Shame, as they are nice watches at a reasonable price. There's a lot of history behind the brand, and from a quality perspective I'd put them in with Longines - maybe slightly higher. They use mostly ETA movements with little modification.

I personally like the designs a lot, and they do turn up in the sales forums frequently enough. Good luck in your quest - if I could find one at TJ Maxx I'd be tempted to snag it.

Royal Mercantile Inc.

Tel: 1-647-724-9038
    Fax: 1-905-755-0193
    Email: [email protected]

Mail Address:
    A-12 1250 Eglinton Ave W.
    Suite 347, L5V1N3
    Mississauga, ON
    Canada
    2DARK Hardwood Watch Boxes are the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of them at T.J. Maxx lately, one specific diver (?) in quartz and auto. The auto went for around $600 if I remember correctly.
    Eterna? At T.J. Maxx? I've been looking high and low for a new Eterna 1935. Everywhere I go, I've been told that they aren't available in the U.S. What city and state are you in? I've been meaning to look through the Chicago area T.J. Maxx's ever since I heard that they carry Hamilton's. If they actually carry Eterna, I'm going this weekend.

Thanks for the info!

--doug

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    J.D. you're kidding, right? Somehow I find it hard to believe the Maxx would carry a premium Swiss watch. Snap some pics with a camera phone next time you're in there.

Seriously, Royal Mercantile, as posted is the place to go. 10% discount out the door and great customer service...
    Chris

Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. Larry the Cable Guy

It is too bad Eterna isn't in the states and can take advantage of the Porsche Design AD network since Porsche Design owns them. They used to have a network here.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cflye View Post
    J.D. you're kidding, right? Somehow I find it hard to believe the Maxx would carry a premium Swiss watch. Snap some pics with a camera phone next time you're in there.
    I promise you I saw an Eterna at TJ, I kid you not. If you don't believe me, well what can I say? Even if I felt like "snapping some pics" how would you know it was truly from T.J. Maxx? It could be part of some elaborate hoax. Would I have to have the clerk pose with the watch to prove it?

Anyway, this is the watch that was there: Eterna Monterey. 40mm diver, black face, rotating bezel, sapphire crystal, screw crown/caseback, ss bracelet, automatic (ETA 2824?). $599 was the price. Don't know how much the quartz cost, didn't care.

Btw, I've seen TJ Maxx carry other "premium Swiss" as well, such as Hamilton, Luminox, Movado, etc. From what I've seen, they'll carry anything that's on close-out that they think they can move.

Quote Originally Posted by cflye View Post

Seriously, Royal Mercantile, as posted is the place to go. 10% discount out the door and great customer service...
    \

Any number of "Swiss" watches have been purchased at TJMaxx by folks on the Affordables forum. Go over and search TJMaxx and see ALL the treads. Daniel Minks with 7750s for <$300, Hamiltons for <$200, etc. Yes, you can do there AND get the warranty honored too!
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information