WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

EU or Conus in the headline.

1K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  eblackmo 
#1 ·
I wonder why sellers dont write EU or Conus in the headline at sales corner?
It would save a lot of time for the buyers.
As a buyer it is better to sort out the watches you have a chance to buy.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

#4 ·
There are many more places on earth than just CONUS and the EU. What about Asia? Africa? South America?

That's why people say CONUS only, because the default assumption is that you are selling everywhere unless otherwise specified.

If you really want, go on Watchrecon and you can filter by country.

#5 ·
There are many more places on earth than just CONUS and the EU. What about Asia? Africa? South America?

That's why people say CONUS only, because the default assumption is that you are selling everywhere unless otherwise specified.

If you really want, go on Watchrecon and you can filter by country.
Ok, you are right but from my side it was just an example for how it should work.
The only time i se it is in the headlines of EU sellers. Its very easy to write EU, Conus, International or anything else so why is it a problem. Instead of saying Conus in the end of the ad just do it in the headline Instead.
(Conus is just an example)

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

#9 ·
This has to be one of the more asinine rants I've read on here.

What's funnier is that you've made 4 posts on the forum, three of them are about this topic
I'm going to go out on a limb and think maybe you live in the US?

As someone based in Oz I can attest that filtering through all the posts and finding out that at the very bottom a seller has opted (for their own reasons) to not take advantage the existence of international commerce and trade it can be quite frustrating.

I'm sure vendors have their own very good reasons for opting for CONUS only. And if you can sell in your own marketplace then more power to you.

To my mind this is close to the perfect type of change request. Small, manageable and with great benefit to those that need it whilst having little to no detrimental impact on anyone.

Just my $0.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
IMO based on personal experience sometimes CONUS is a means to filter out the guy who wants you to ship to Nigeria and wants to pay in Krugerrands. I would like to think most would entertain a sale to an established member regardless of location if the deal was right.

#16 · (Edited)
This thread would make fantastic fodder for a louis ck bit. Personally I don't like the idea of potentially impeding the free market through any kind of interference by a centralised authority. Or central committee.

Also I highly doubt I will ever buy a used watch online. So I don't really care but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

#17 ·
I think it's a legitimate request that if a seller chose to restrict/limit to where he's shipping to, why not put it on the title as well,

it could save people time, it's a bit of a downer, clicking on an ad, reading up on it, looking at the photos, then finding out they wont ship it to where you are,

now, I dont think we can make it into a rule, it's just being mindful or considerate on the part of the seller to let it be known from the beginning of any shipping limitation

#20 ·
"Why can't everyone do all the things that would be more convenient for me?"
Charming.

"I don't care about it, so anyone else who does is obviously a whinger, b/c in my self-obsessed world, everyone should be held to my standards alone."

See how that turns around?

Is it really that much of an effort to exercise a little courtesy towards others, especially when there is no cost to that courtesy?

Hell, is it that much of an effort to merely refrain from being a d*ck just because you disagree?

#19 ·
Agreed - it is a good idea.

#21 ·
On the face of it this seems like a reasonable request. But it would require the forum software to auto-generate/format the title based upon the seller clicking certain checkboxes when creating the listing (plus validation to require them to select at least one of the "will ship to area" checkboxes). If it's up to the seller to manually add such notes to the title then it'd happen rarely at best.

#25 ·
Or people can voluntarily put that information on their posts (that's how a lot of forums operate). It isn't that much more effort.

That'd be a good starting point. And I think once posts start having a Conus/EU/Asia/WW tag on them, others will follow suit.

I for one plan to start doing so.

Reactions: gregoryb
#33 ·
I joined this forum 4 years ago and very quickly found that nearly all the for sale posts were Conus only. I had no idea what it meant but when I found out I stopped looking at the for sale ads. since they were only a source of frustration. I have not looked since but I have found the watches I liked elsewhere in the world including Sofia where I found the watch which started the madness.

#35 ·
A great number of things would be helpful in a title.

In the future I would like to see the following criteria in a title. That way I'm not wasting my time by clicking on the thread.

1) Size in mm without the crown

2) Whether it's stainless steel, PVD, titanium or other

3) Whether it's on a bracelet or leather strap

4) Exact model #

5) When was the last time it was serviced

6) Condition

7) Full kit?

8) Is it keeping correct time

9) How many owners

10) Dial color

#36 · (Edited)
If this was a serious post, you shouldn't be called out for asking. If others were to find it reasonable, they would help. If they didn't, they wouldn't. That's the end of it.

Seriously - what is the reason for the pushback to the idea?

Is it so bothersome that someone dared to ask to add a few letters to the for sale post?

Don't do it if you don't want to - but how is it appropriate to call this guy names, directly or indirectly (not referring you specifically here, but some of the stuff posted here)?

That's just d**chebaggery, I am sorry to say. If this was an established member asking the question, replies would be a lot more constructive. So what does that make us - the cyber equivalent of a grade school clique that bullies the newcomer?

Atleast we should have the courtesy to give a polite, reasonable reply instead of being condescending or dismissive.

Reactions: Nilas1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.