Ever feel like you are wearing the wrong watch for the occasion?
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ever feel like you are wearing the wrong watch for the occasion?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just spent a few weeks on vacation with the family visiting a number of National Parks here in the Pacific Northwest. We had a wonderful time and it was a great experience to have with my kids. Nothing like seeing a 4 and 7 year olds face light up with discovery.

In preparing for the trip, like many WIS, I really struggled with what watch or watches to take. While we were going to be spending a lot of time outdoors we weren't exactly roughing it, staying in resorts and nice’ish hotels the whole time. In the end I opted to wear the BLNR for the entire trip.

But, on a number of occasions throughout the trip I thought to myself “man, I love this BLNR but the perfect watch for a trip like this would be the Explorer II Polar”. Now that I’m home I find myself searching the various sites/forums for a deal on a Explorer II to try and rectify this situation for any future trips.

Anyone else ever get that feeling like you were wearing the wrong watch for the occasion?
    Overwound likes this.

Re: Ever feel like you are wearing the wrong watch for the occasion?

Definitely.

But I'm not sure this case is one I'd qualify, at least personally... because... is the BLNR ever really out of place? Lol. no foolin'.

(Opposite side of the spectrum, hardly relevant, but -- I'd have taken two pieces with me: my Vostok on rubber for the more outdoorsy stuff [no fuss whatsoever] and the Nomos for everything else [understated but modern and classy enough -- and oh so comfy].)

Well, I will never bring any of my vintage collection (Rolex 5512, 1675, 1680 red,16520, not even my 116520) for any sport activities. In fact, I usually put them in a safe which means that I rarely wear them during the weekdays (too lazy to open up the safe to change my watches)
    follow me on my instagram @beckham1972sg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is a good problem to have.

I have had this 'problem' before, but I try to bring a Watch(es) that are as versatile as possible, to minimise this happening.
    Covenant likes this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Banned

I have never felt like I'm wearing the wrong watch the only feeling I get is how much I can't wait to wear another watch from my watch collection. I love all my toys man

I'm coming to the realisation that I'm a bit of an oddball with my watch wearing habits, based on conventional WISdom. I've been wearing a Nomos Club Neomatik Siren Red for close to a month straight, for all occasions; office business attire, cocktail functions, at home with track pants and a tshirt, at the beach, etc. The watch was originally going to be exclusively my "weekender", since the bold colourway seems like it would be inappropriate for more formal events or clothing. And then it just kind of... wasn't. I find I welcome the boldness and personality, while the style and profile of the watch keeps it elegant and comfortable.

My previous daily wearer, a Tudor North Flag, felt less versatile despite being a more contemporary and "safe" choice.

Name:  Resized.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  270.5 KB
    Overwound and Synequano like this.

I never give a second thought about whether people are looking at my watch, so I certainly don't care whether the one I am wearing somehow matches the situation--if I'm wearing it, it fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I never give a second thought about whether people are looking at my watch, so I certainly don't care whether the one I am wearing somehow matches the situation--if I'm wearing it, it fits in.
    Quoted for truth.
    ZIPPER79 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    That wasn’t exactly what I meant with my post. I never give any thought as to what people will think looking at my watch. Let’s be honest nobody notices what watch you’re wearing anyway. It’s more about how I feel when I look at my wrist, and I like that feeling I get when the watch I’m wearing just “fits” the situation I’m in.

This feels like such a dochey analogy I hate to make it but I will anyway...
    I kind of think of a watch selection like how a person into wine might think of a wine pairing.

In this situation I didn’t think what I was wearing was “inappropriate” somehow, or that it mattered what random strangers saw me wearing. It was more that I had a feeling that the Explorer II would have just fit the situation perfectly.
    rfortson and luecack like this.

Specifically to your thoughts around the Explorer 2 I can attest that it's the perfect watch for hiking/outdoor activities. It's rugged, and the sunlight looks great on the white dial. I love it.

Whenever I'm going somewhere where I'll be in the water, I bring my Submariner. If we're doing outdoorsy stuff, always the Explorer 2!

I even had a chance to wear my Explorer to a glacier in Iceland--it's native environment! (You'll have to trust that there's a watch on underneath the gloves)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information