Ever get accused of wanting to be somewhere else because you look at your watch one too many times?
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Ever get accused of wanting to be somewhere else because you look at your watch one too many times?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ever get accused of wanting to be somewhere else because you look at your watch one too many times?

Ok, this happens to me a lot and I am finally going to say something about it. I'll set the scene. I'm at a get together with some friends. A few days prior I just acquired a watch I been wanting for months and was happy to have it around my wrist. Still in that honeymoon phase I cannot help but find myself often admiring it in between conversations with various people, not rudely just a quick glance here and there. Someone approaches me and asks "do you have to leave soon?" or "are you in a rush?" Those are two most common asked questions I get. Then I proceed to say "I just got this watch and was looking at it, not really looking at the time just enjoying looking at the watch" and they kind of look at me strangely and go "oook" LOL Easy to see people like that aren't a WIS! Anyone else ever find themselves in a similar situation? This has to happen to others as well I would think?
    -JP

Inactive

Re: Ever get accused of wanting to be somewhere else because you look at your watch one too many tim

Yes, this happens often. "got somewhere to be??" Nope, just like my watch. You are not alone lol
    JPfeuffer and Ottovonn like this.

Re: Ever get accused of wanting to be somewhere else because you look at your watch one too many tim

no

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No...But it could.....
    JPfeuffer likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Out in the sun the Sub can really shine. My missus often tells me to stop checking the time!
    JPfeuffer likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000
    1965 Accurist Shockmaster
    1961 Gold Accurist Shockmaster
    Seiko SSC021P1
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00

Meistersinger Perigraph AM1002
    G-Shock GW3000B-1A

Rolex Submariner 14060M
    Ben Sherman S489.OOBS
    1990 Rotary Gold Case

Not to date,

No - but only because I'm careful not to be accused of checking the time in a meeting etc. I admire my watch out of the corner of my eye.
    JPfeuffer likes this.

This is why I proactively warn people that my looking at my watch is not a sign a boredom. You could ask me .2 seconds after I look at my watch, and I'd STILL have to look at it again in order to tell you the time. It's really a nervous tic.

-hayday
    JPfeuffer and Camguy like this.

Yup,the worse happened when I was on a date when I just got a new watch LOL
    I don't need to go into details but I guess you know how it goes....
    JPfeuffer likes this.

happened at work once. I was admiring my watch when a co-worker walked by and said ,"looking at your watch more often won't make time pass faster". pffft what do they know...
    JPfeuffer likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information