Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

Thread: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    39608
    Guest

    Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    Omega,Rolex,Blancpain, ect for 40-60% off? The lowest I seen these watches go for is like 30% off retail.(Grey Market) Do such deals exsist for such watches? I heard stories but I have never seen one.

  2. #2
    Member polaco23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,814

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    Best place to find these for cheep cheep?

    Honestly, (and im not trying to sound like a sponsored member) WUS sales forum, and maybe two other watch fora. Ebay has too many scams & franen watches, AD's require selling your first born to afford, and grey market is also a dangerous area that could sell fakes.

    Here you have extremely knowledgeable members looking over pictures of the timepiece for sale, and also references (if available) take the worry out of the equation.

    Ive bought from ebay, grey market, and AD's, now i only shop the sales forum (ok i might bid here and there on a cheap watch)


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London/Miami
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    In Asia AD's have offered me in excess of 35% on Zenith and about 40%+ on JLC for pieces around the $5k mark. My understanding is that the more expensive you go, the bigger the discount.

    Prestigetime has a bunch of pieces where they offer the manufacturer's warranty, like Blancpain and GO, etc. Some of the discounts are 40%-50%.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    39608
    Guest

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by polaco23 View Post
    Best place to find these for cheep cheep?

    Honestly, (and im not trying to sound like a sponsored member) WUS sales forum, and maybe two other watch fora. Ebay has too many scams & franen watches, AD's require selling your first born to afford, and grey market is also a dangerous area that could sell fakes.

    Here you have extremely knowledgeable members looking over pictures of the timepiece for sale, and also references (if available) take the worry out of the equation.

    Ive bought from ebay, grey market, and AD's, now i only shop the sales forum (ok i might bid here and there on a cheap watch)
    I would never shop from Ebay. (scared) I have bought all my Omegas through AD. I know they are required to sell their product close to retail. My AD is the only Omega AD in a 90 mile radius.I don't know if it's this or a combination of factors that they just don't break for big discounts.

    I been looking everywhere in the net for a legit good deal. The only two sites that I have come cross that seem legit and more secure than others are
    http://www.prestigetime.com/
    http://www.jomashop.com/

    PrestigeTime has Blancpain's and it seems they are an AD for them. The Blancpain watches through them have the factory warranty unlike the Omega's that have the warranty through them.
    Last edited by 39608; March 23rd, 2009 at 10:03.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London/Miami
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    PrestigeTime has Blancpain's and it seems they are an AD for them. The Blancpain watches through them have the factory warranty unlike the Omega's that have the warranty through them.
    I am almost positive that Prestigetime is -not- an AD for any brand, but for certain brands evidently they are able to source their pieces from ADs with stamped (and perhaps open-dated) warranty cards.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,545

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    50% discount on end of production line Zenith El Primero Rainbow Chrono - but for a short period that was the going price in their outlets- they wouldnt budge much although I did squeeze an xtra 10% -

    s
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    22,213

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    I've seen 30 + 30 on Zenith. 30% off retail and then 30% off the new adjusted price.

    Jeannie

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London/Miami
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by GinGinD View Post
    I've seen 30 + 30 on Zenith. 30% off retail and then 30% off the new adjusted price.

    Jeannie
    Is this for a particular Zenith, or for the entire brand? Getting discounts on end-of-line pieces is easier, for example check out Selfridges and Harrods at sale time in the UK, 50% off pretty much everything that is going out. Asian dealers will typically be happy to discount 30-40% on pretty much everything except for Rolex and Patek.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    22,213

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    Is this for a particular Zenith, or for the entire brand? Getting discounts on end-of-line pieces is easier, for example check out Selfridges and Harrods at sale time in the UK, 50% off pretty much everything that is going out. Asian dealers will typically be happy to discount 30-40% on pretty much everything except for Rolex and Patek.
    The brand, but only at selected stores for that chain. It's inventory reduction, so the watch has to be available in stock. They won't order one for you at the sales price. I would have bought, but they didn't have the model I wanted in stock.

    PM me if you want details.

    Jeannie

  11. #10
    Member brrrdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,822

    Re: Ever got a really good deal on a prestige watch?

    i've seen great deals at the outlet stores. 60% off ebel, 50% off GP, 35-40% off zenith, 35% off breitling, etc. most of the watches are NOS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •