Ever had to return a watch you loved?

Thread: Ever had to return a watch you loved?

Ever had to return a watch you loved?

Well this is a first for me. I opened up my UPS package all excited about this new watch and all is well at first. If you're ok with the watch flapping around in the box with hardly any protection that is, but hey, it's a monster and I knew the packaging was going to be shoddy when I ordered based on what other forum members have said. Their watches faired better than mine however. I looked on the side opposite the crown and to my dismay found several large nicks in the case and they're quite noticeable to. Well, I'm not very happy but I figure if I had to I could live with it. Then I try to turn the bezel and owning a BM I know what it should feel like. Instead, it felt like I was turning a grindstone (at least the bezel markers lined up ).

So I put it on a watchadoo and decide to give it a shot anyway, thinking maybe it's just some dirt I can clean out from the bezel. Well 20 minutes later I look down and the things done gained 5 min.! That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So it looks like I got a lemon Orange Monster (probably from someone dropping it). I really really love the watch, even more so than the black and after talking on the phone with the rep from the company it looks like it may take 3 to 4 weeks to get a replacement . So this kind of sucks, I just got this great watch that I have to turn around and send it back to play the waiting game until the next arrives.

Have any of you guys ever gotten a watch that you really loved only to have to return or exchange it because of some flaw? Here's a few picks of the beauty that is the orange monster and the damage to the case. Thanks for looking

Here's the damage.

Current Collection:
    Rolex Submariner 116610lv
    Omega Seamaster
    Seiko SKX007, SBBN031
    Scurfa MS18, DS-1
    Seiko Chrono
    Marathon Navigator
    Casio GMW5000, DW6900, GW6900, DW2900, DW5600

Instagram: _smalls83

Re: Ever had to return a watch you loved?

damn, those are some battle scars! was it supposed to be new? jeeze.

I too had a watch i loved, i bougth a brand new auto Tissot PRS-516 at an AD, then wore it to the office the next day. I was waving at a hottie at work then heard a "clunk". then my heart sank.

I took off the watch to notice the rotor fell apart and the weight on the rotor (looks like a clipped thumbnail that part) was rattling around. I promptly took it back that day and the AD was very embarrassed. they offered a discount and a replacement, but i kindly took my money back and wont be buying any Tissot's in the near future. heres a stock photo.

beautiful watch.

Sadly yes, I decided to return this redialed Omega Seamaster, because I just felt that I wanted the real genuine dial. I still miss this little guy. :(
    Edit: Redialed Constellation for $250

My Collection --> Click Here

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear you had to experience this! I feel your pain. I recently had this experience myself and I'm still waiting for my replacement...it's on it's way I'm told.
    My Hamilton X-wind....Arrived non-functional...flopping around like this.

I hope it all works out in the end for you!
    Cheers,
    Christopher

Current
    :
    Omega Speedmaster - LE Apollo Soyuz
    Omega PO

No more watches for a while for me !

I got an Accutron VX-200 Chronograph from shnoop.com that was all "f'd" up. Needless to say...they could have cared less. Fortunately, at a relatively negative cost for shipping, insurance and handling, Accutron repaired it under warranty.

Love my Accutron...shnoop.com sucks!
    "Find the little bastards......and then pile on!" Maj Gen George S Patton IV

Honored & Proud Member, "G5" (Disdained by the intellectually dishonest!)

Yeah, mine was one of those woot deals. I won't be doing that again. Wasn't worth the money I saved not going through a reliable seller. Lesson learned

Current Collection:
    Rolex Submariner 116610lv
    Omega Seamaster
    Seiko SKX007, SBBN031
    Scurfa MS18, DS-1
    Seiko Chrono
    Marathon Navigator
    Casio GMW5000, DW6900, GW6900, DW2900, DW5600

Instagram: _smalls83

Now that's my definition of a "bad watch."
    See thread on this board.

I just purchased a MM Serile Homage watch from a person/dealer on this site.

Wore it for two days, turned it over to show someone the back and noticed the crystal was cracked

There was also a spec of dirt on the inside of the crystal right at the 1:00.

Emailed the guy and he said he would ship me out another one after I mail him back this one...

I think I'm going to...

This is the second Marina Militare that has busted on me...

I purchased another MM GMT that busted after 2 months of ownership. Pulled the crown out and tried to set the time and nothing, spins and spins...

I guess I should cut my losses and stop buying this junk! You get what you pay for (most of the time) and all these were under $100 but one should still expect more!

But 2 breaking out of 3 kinda sucks....

Shouldn't this thread be posted on Halloween?? These are horror stories!!

I returned a watch recently but it certainly wasn't one I loved...it was just defective, and built poorly.

I have to say I do like the "waving at a hotty, and heard a clunk" bit
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be posted on Halloween?? These are horror stories!!

I returned a watch recently but it certainly wasn't one I loved...it was just defective, and built poorly.

I have to say I do like the "waving at a hotty, and heard a clunk" bit

its all good i got my money back, and ended up getting the girl. damn i miss that job!

Any engineering firms hiring where you live?

Thread Information