Ever had a watch that loved in photos, loved in person, but didn't love it on your wrist?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ever had a watch that loved in photos, loved in person, but didn't love it on your wrist?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ever had a watch that loved in photos, loved in person, but didn't love it on your wrist?

Not sure if this was discussed before..
    but it happen to me with both Seiko Brightz (SGDM001/003) both gorgeous watches in interweb photos, both look as good if not better in person, but for some reason I don't care for them much on the wrist at all!! :/

ever happen to you!?
    if so, with which watch?
    "A man with one watch knows what time it is, a man with two watches is never quite sure."

Re: Ever had a watch that loved in photos, loved in person, but didn't love it on your wrist?

Plenty are too big once you get them near your wrist. Monico's look big but on a wrist good lord that's huge!

Re: Ever had a watch that loved in photos, loved in person, but didn't love it on your wrist?

Tudor Pelagos. The case shape was just hideous on my wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Probably most WIS would disagree but for me it was this Sinn I committed .... The "Lego Hands" really bugged me and I whisked it away very quickly. I was hoping it would be "The ONE".....Now, I am drawn toward the Damasko line and hoping I don't have the same on the wrist dislike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ard likes this.
    MIKE

Gavox Squadron, everything lined up for me on this one, brushed all the way around, perfect wrist size, nice bracelet, looked a little bit like a Sinn (that I really wanted), perfect thickness. Whats not to like?
    I couldn't order one fast enough. Once it arrived it looked great just like the photos, sized and put it on my wrist and............ flat lined. I couldn't believe it but the watch did nothing for me the second it was on my wrist.
    Flipped it a few weeks later.

X2-Elijah likes this.
    Well its about time.....

Seiko Sumo is one. I'm sure glad I waited to buy until I actually saw one in person but I just did not like it. Seemed small and not as impressive as I had expected.

The Helson Shark Diver 45 is another. Holy cow, how can you not love the white dial with the blue markers? I have an 8.5" wrist but it wears like a brick. I have other large thick watches (Cave Dweller, NauticFish) that are the same size and almost as tall but wear much better.

Name:  dY187RS.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  418.2 KB

Bob
    Last edited by rmahoney; October 23rd, 2015 at 02:57.
    Current Collection
    Omega Seamaster 2542.20 "Bond" - white dial, Breitling Colt GMT - silver, UTS 500M Bauhaus black, Sinn U1 - black, Sinn U1 -
    Orange​, Sinn U1 - Yellow, Doxa 1200T - Orange, Doxa Divingstar 300 - Yellow, Alpina Extreme 40 Sailing Chronograph - black, Tag Heuer SEL Link - Grey, Tag Heuer 1000 - Black Coral, AEgir CD-2 - grey, Benarus Moray - Green, Nauticfish 1000M - Blue, Boschett Cave Dweller - Yellow​, Boschett Cave Dweller - Grey, Boschett Legacy - Black/Gold, Bernhardt Sea Shark - red, Irreantum Magellan - blue, Irreantum Magellan - Orange, Ocean7 LM1 - Lume dial , Artego 500M - blue, Helson Shark Diver(45mm) - white/blue, Oliver Bronze - ​Brown, Hailos Holotype- yellow

Size matters...
    So many watches look amazing until they are on the wrist and the fit\look is just wrong... IWC Portuguese and Omegas w new 85** and 93** movements - just too damn big. (for me)
    Ard, Reeser and fld like this.

Not for some, but I really like this watch. It just sat high and was a little too thick. Bought for a good price and later sold for a good price so no harm no foul I guess

The Moonwatch. Such a historic piece and it looked great sitting on my desk... but for some reason I just didn't love how it looked when on my wrist. The fit seemed okay, but wearing it just didn't absolutely wow me like I thought it would when I viewed it at the boutique.

Went back and forth on it for a couple months before I ended up flipping it to purchase a SubC.

Rolex Submariner 114060 • Stowa Antea KS • Seiko SKX007

Most of the modern Omega Seamaster range with the twisted lugs. The lugs are too prominent and flat (not slope down) to look any good on my smallish wrists.
    3005 likes this.
    Bulova> 96A225. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710, 214270. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SARG007, SBDX017, SLA017, SRP777.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information