Hello everyone. I've recently started having appreciation for mechanical watches, and I am new to this forum/watch enthusiast community.
This is my first post. I'm able to acquire one of the following - Sinn 556a or B&R BR-123 Vintage - and need your help.
- Given the criteria below, pick one - Sinn 556a or Bell & Ross BR-123 Vintage?
- Other than the two watches noted, please suggest another watch (or two) using the selection criteria below.
Sinn 556a (for ~$900)
Case Size: 38.5
Condition: Near-mint, w/ papers and warranty until May 2019
Included Bands: Sinn SS 2-Link and Sinn Black Calfskin
Movement: ETA 2824-2
Bell & Ross BR-123 Vintage (for ~$750)
Case Size: 38mm
Condition: Near-mint cosmetically, no papers, no warranty, no service history.
Movement: ETA Cal. 2895-1/2
Included Band: B&R Vintage Solid Rubber Strap, B&R Vintage Black Calfskin
- Pre-Owned Price Range: $750-$1000
- Dial: Sinn 556a-type dial (not sure what this design is called)
- Dress Code Versatility: will be worn 95% on Casual or Business Casual settings and 5% Business Formal (I don't plan on wearing this watch w/ Sportswear or on Black/White Tie events - I have another watch for that)
- Case Size: 34mm-38.5mm (my wrist size is 6.25-6.5")
- Brand recognition by the general public not important.
- I plan on having just a 2-watch collection (wish me luck on this :) ). I already have a Blancpain Villeret 1185 as my formal watch.
- Movement must be reliable and easy to service (relatively inexpensive to service).
I tried embedding images of the watches within this message, but it kept errorring out saying I don't have enough post (eventhough I do). So I apologize if you don't see the images.
Thank you for your opinion and expertise.