Everyday watch that can take a beating?

Thread: Everyday watch that can take a beating?

Cool Everyday watch that can take a beating?

I am looking for a watch that I can wear every day. This watch would have to have automatic movement and be self-winding. The watch would have to have decent shock resistance so that if I happen to drop it or my arm bumps something that it won't stop working. I'm kind of hooked on either Rolex, Omega or Tag Heuer. What models of any of these watches would fit the bill? Also, which model of these brands would have the greatest shock resistance?

stuffler,mike

Re: Everyday watch that can take a beating?

Quote Originally Posted by utmost View Post
    I am looking for a watch that I can wear every day. This watch would have to have automatic movement and be self-winding. The watch would have to have decent shock resistance so that if I happen to drop it or my arm bumps something that it won't stop working. I'm kind of hooked on either Rolex, Omega or Tag Heuer. What models of any of these watches would fit the bill? Also, which model of these brands would have the greatest shock resistance?
    Sorry but an automatic movment is always self-winding. A handwinding movement isn't
    Shock resistance of the watches you named does not differ, however they may use different systems for shock absorbing for example KIF, Incaflex, Incabloc. The new Wyler shock protection is also very interesting to have a closer look at.
    For further information: http://www.alliancehorlogere.com/en/...-Shock_Systems

However shock protection is only one part. Case hardening should also be considered if looking for tough or tool watches (not talking about G-Shock watches), see Damasko ice-hardening and Sinn tegimented cases. Simply use our search function on WUS.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; November 14th, 2008 at 15:45.

Thread Information